New Release: Service Pack 1 Release - Storage Foundation High Availability for Windows 5.1
Service Pack 1 for Veritas Storage Foundation & High Availability Solutions 5.1 for Windows provides new and updated application and operating system support. This service pack provides support for Microsoft Windows server 2008 R2, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 Hyper-V, and Microsoft Windows 7 (client support) as well as Microsoft Exchange 2007 SP2, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 SP1, Microsoft SharePoint 2007, Symantec Enterprise Vault 8, and many other updates.
New Features, Functionality, and Highlights:
Windows Server 2008 R2 support
SFW and SFW HA introduce support for the following Editions and platforms of Windows Server 2008 R2:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64): Web, Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter Editions
- Windows Server 2008 R2 for Itanium-based Systems (IA64)
In addition, this release contains support for the Server Core role on relevant supported Editions. SFW and SFW HA support manual configuration of file shares, print shares, and IIS sites on a Windows Server 2008 Server Core machine. You can configure the service group directly on the Server Core machine using the command line, or remotely using the Cluster Manager (Java console).
Client support on Windows 7
SFW and SFW HA introduce support for client components on Windows 7.
New application support
- Expanded support for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 SP2
- FlashSnap Quick Recovery integration for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007
- Support for Enterprise Vault 8 (SP1-SP2) including both integrated Quick Recovery and HA/DR support
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V support. SFWHA is supported in guest. In addition SFW is supported at Hyper-V parent level. In a non Live Migration configuration, all of SFW and its components can be run at parent. In a Live Migration configuration, DMP with use of basic disk can be run at parent.
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 support, including updated management packs.
New Features Highlights
A few of the additional features in this release include:
- Framework for Thin Provisioning Discovery & Reclamation. Starting point to allow future specific array integration.
- Application consistent multi-node snapshot support for SharePoint and Enterprise Vault.
- Microsoft Copy-on-Write Provider snapshot support.
- Real time and historical VVR replication performance graphs within VEA gui.
- VVR Rlink software compression.
- Fire Drill support for HTC and SRDF
Veritas Storage Foundation HA for Windows 5.1, Service Pack 1 Update, New Features Overview (Part 1 of 2)
Veritas Storage Foundation HA for Windows 5.1, Service Pack 1 Update, Enhancements (Part 2 of 2)
Webcast: Application Pack 1 for Storage Foundation & High Availability Solutions 5.1 SP1 for Windows
Hardware Compatibility List:
Technotes published with release:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/337707 (Only affects Windows 2003 IA64)
Link to Installation and Configuration Guide(s):