Several people have asked the question about which flavour of the Enterprise Vault Outlook add-in they should install now that Enterprise Vault 9.0.1 is out properly (as opposed to the Early Release Client). The answer depends in part whether or not :-
* You have Outlook 2010 users in the your environment
* You “need” any of the DCOM client functionality
For the record, DCOM client functionality consists of :
* When manually archiving an item, you get the chance to choose different options, such as the archive it goes to, rather than the “default” archive for the user
* When restoring an archived item, you can choose where the restored item should go to
* You can view the Enterprise Vault tab on the properties of a folder
So if you don’t require any of those features, roll out the Lite/HTTP client.
If you are a pure Outlook 2010 environment, then, the only client is the Lite/HTTP client....