One of hats that I wear at QUADROtech is testing one of our top products, Archive Shuttle. In order to test it, and really in order to test many aspects of Enterprise Vault I often have the need to have repeatable testing.
Repeatable in terms of:
- Being able to export the same archived data to PST from a mailbox archive
- Being able to ingest the same data over and over to multiple archives in multiple vault stores, across multiple test systems
I've found so far that the easiest way to achieve this is to build up a mailbox how I want it to be in terms of:
- The folder structure (number of folders, and depth)
- The names of folders (simple folder names, long folder names, foreign character folder names)
- The items within each folder (lots of small items, a few very large items)
Once you've got the mailbox set up like that you can then archive it. In fact what I often do when setting up a particular mailbox archive and...