I have decided to start a blog for my experiences with dedupe.
My setup right now is 2 Dedupe servers in 2 buildings with a 100MB wan. One building has a file server with 2.2 TB of data and several other smaller servers. Both dedupe servers are housing the dedupe folder in both buildings with about 4 TB available.
I have a tape drive attached to both but what I want is mainly in the second building.
My finding(s) at least to me.
1. Live Update. That was the first hurdle. It was necessary to go to the control panel, live update then manually add the proxy exception, using IE settings did not work. I also changed the cache size to 100 MB just to be sure.
2. Remote Agent has to be manually removed from each server then the new agent installed. I was going from 2010 to R2 so your milage may vary.
3. I am using Backup to dedupe, duplicate that dedupe job to the other dedupe folder in the other building, then backup to tape in the second...