I set up Media ID Generation - had it just the way I wanted it!
I even tested it and it worked GREAT.
Then when my NetBackup operator put in new tapes for the library - the ID's were wrong!!!
I checked again and I yes I had a rule for it.
And I tested it and it worked.
So they tried again - and again it failed.
So I did some digging and found out that the Media ID Generation is stored in the vm.conf of the SERVER YOU ARE RUNNING THE CONSOLE ON!!!
Well that was my problem.
I have the Remote Admin Console installed on my windows PC. It is there that I created the rule, so it ended up in MY vm.conf. This is why I could see it. I went to see where my operator runs it from. And sure enough NO RULE was entered. I even started the java console on my master and again NO RULE.
So just to be safe I added the rule on all 4 places we run a console from.
The Master, the 2 media servers, my pc, and the console we put on the NOM...