I thought this maybe useful as it caused a lot of grief that took several days to fix.
After Disabling UAC via Domain GPO and Re-enabling it Users that logged in with account when UAC was disabled are now broken and need to be recreated.
When I realized that UAC is required for Windows 8 Metro to function I immediately remedied my mistake. However, the damage was already done and my client's profiles that use the Windows 8 machines are at this point broken.
I found an article that talks reports "Disabling UAC via this method also breaks many elements in Windows 8."http://www.petri.co.il/disabling-user-account-control-uac-in-windows-8.htm#
After enabling UAC for the windows 8 machines all profiles were damaged to the point where a "Temp" profile would be created to login to the affected systems. I then renamed the profile...