Here is a work around (below) for this issue. I tried the above method must the Info.plist file want not in the format shown) -
1. Log into your Mac as an account with administrator rights
2. Open TextEdit - Go > Applications > TextEdit
3. Type a letter into the blank document
4. File > Save As... > save the docuemnt as "BSD" (without quotes), leave the default file format with is "Rich Text Format" and save it somewhere you can easly get to e.g. your desktop
NOTE: You have now created a "BSD.rtf" file. You will need to change the file extension to .pkg and move this file to the location the symantec installer is searching for, which is /Library/Receipts
5. Next, locate the file you created, select the file, then press the cmd + i keys (cmd key is also know as the apple key) this will give you the information about the file...