W32.Sality is a parasitic virus which infects shared drives and Windows executable files by putting its code to host files. It contains downloader functionality to further install Trojan or key logger components. Sality opens a backdoor that allow the remote attacker to get the full control over the infected computer and in turn the confidential information, representing a serious security risk.
Microsoft - Virus: Win32/sality.am
Kaspersky - Virus.Win32.Sality.aa
W32.Sality has the following symptoms:
• Modifies System.ini files (Check for the modified date)
• Services listening on the network port(s).
• Unexpected network trafic to one or more of the domain(s).
• No access to File Monitor.
• Disables Safe mode boot
• Disables regedit and taskmanager
• Disables Antivirus
Upon execution, it starts...