Hello, welcome to this month’s blog on the Microsoft patch release. This is an average month—the vendor is releasing six bulletins covering a total of 11 vulnerabilities.
Seven of this month's issues are rated ‘Critical’ and they affect Internet Explorer, .NET, and Windows. The remaining issues affect Internet Explorer, Windows, Forefront Unified Access Gateway, and Office.
As always, customers are advised to follow these security best practices:
- Install vendor patches as soon as they are available.
- Run all software with the least privileges required while still maintaining functionality.
- Avoid handling files from unknown or questionable sources.
- Never visit sites of unknown or questionable integrity.
- Block external access at the network perimeter to all key systems unless specific access is required.
Microsoft’s summary of the April releases can be found here: