Hello, welcome to this month's blog on the Microsoft patch release. This month the vendor is releasing four bulletins covering a total of 42 vulnerabilities. Thirty-six of this month's issues are rated Critical.
As always, customers are advised to follow these security best practices:
- Install vendor patches as soon as they are available.
- Run all software with the least privileges required while still maintaining functionality.
- Avoid handling files from unknown or questionable sources.
- Never visit sites of unknown or questionable integrity.
- Block external access at the network perimeter to all key systems unless specific access is required.
Microsoft's summary of the September releases can be found here: