Hello, welcome to this month's blog on the Microsoft patch release. This month the vendor is releasing four bulletins covering a total of six vulnerabilities. All six of this month's issues are rated ’Important’.
As always, customers are advised to follow these security best practices:
- Install vendor patches as soon as they are available.
- Run all software with the least privileges required while still maintaining functionality.
- Avoid handling files from unknown or questionable sources.
- Never visit sites of unknown or questionable integrity.
- Block external access at the network perimeter to all key systems unless specific access is required.
Microsoft's summary of the January releases can be found here:
The following is a breakdown of the issues being addressed...