2013 Internet Security Threat Report, Volume 18
The Internet Security Threat Report provides an overview and analysis of the year in global threat activity. The report is based on data from the Symantec Global Intelligence Network, which Symantec's analysts use to identify, analyze, and provide commentary on emerging trends in the dynamic threat landscape.
- 42% increase in targeted attacks in 2012.
- 31% of all targeted attacks aimed at businesses with less than 250 employees.
- One waterhole attack infected 500 organizations in a single day.
- 14 zero-day vulnerabilities.
- 32% of all mobile threats steal information.
- A single threat infected 600,000 Macs in 2012.
- Spam volume continued to decrease, with 69% of all email being spam.
- The number of phishing sites spoofing social networking sites increased 125%.
- Web-based attacks increased 30%.
- 5,291 new...