Showing posts tagged with Symantec Connect
Showing posts in English
07 Aug 2012 | 6 comments
User Facing: Desktop
- Refactored the search submission form so users will no longer be faced with the "Confirm Form Resubmission" message as they search, browse to a result, and then click their browser's back button to return to their search results.
- Tuned the design of forum pages to better expose the link to each comment (permalink) for sharing, referencing, or bookmarking.
- Tuned the design of user badges to leverage new CSS3 techniques.
- Streamlined forum comments by moving the hyperlinks that used to line the bottom of each comment into a dynamic "Actions" menu that now houses the links.
- Fixed an issue with the iCal export (on event nodes) that was adding the incorrect event time to Outlook calendars.
- Fixed an issue with legacy content that held code that used to designate a logical break for for "teaser text". The code was making the editing of those nodes impossible (they opening...
26 Jun 2012 | 10 comments
User Facing: Desktop
- Improved the Group List pages by:
- Making each list community specific. (Visiting "/connect/endpoint-management/groups" will display a list of only the Endpoint Management groups, not all the groups on Connect.)
- Moving the list of groups you are a member of to a "My Groups" tab on each of the group list pages.
- Adding a search widget to each group list page that allows you to search Connect for a specific group.
- Adding the number of members in each group to the group list pages.
- Indenting child groups under their parent on the group list pages.
- Refactored the "helpful" score on forum list pages to better represent the helpful nature of a post.
- Addressed an issue with blank event calendars in each community.
- Addressed the issue that was causing all forum posts to be flagged as "solved" at random intervals.
- Addressed a few issues with errant topic tags...
13 Jun 2012 | 0 comments
User Facing: Desktop
- Added "collaborative editing" functionality for the Symantec Workflow product team. This new feature allows Workflow help files to be served from Connect -- as both an article in Connect and as a screen in the Workflow product. The new functionality also allows users to collaborate by suggesting enhancements and improvements to each help page via a new "Suggest Changes" tab.
- Replaced the...
29 May 2012 | 2 comments
User Facing: Desktop
- Added a setting to the groups configuration page so a group owner can determine if content posted to his/her group is automatically tagged as private -- by default or public -- by default.
- Fixed an issue with the SEO-friendly URL alias not updating after the title of a content piece was edited. This issue was especially evident when the name of a User Group was updated but the URL alias continued to use the old group name. (FYI: To prevent broken links, old aliases are preserved and continue to work even after content titles are changed and new aliases are generated.)
- Fixed an issue that Google Chrome users where having with a very small popup (file upload) window opening when they used the image insert tool.
- Fixed an issue with subgroups claiming new parent (groups) on edit.
- Fixed an issue with multiple "membership request" emails being sent when a user double-clicked on the submit button on the...
16 May 2012 | 1 comment
- Refactored the code that updates forum list pages to process and display new posts before allocating resources to maintenance or cleanup tasks. (English: even when the site indexing engine gets bogged down, forum posts will be processed and displayed before anything else.)
- Resolved an issue with the Connect email notifications engine that was inadvertently marking some queued notifications as "sent" before they had actually left the server.
- Added the ability to order items from the Symantec Rewards catalog in multiples.
- Improved the performance of Group home pages by moving the activity list generation to the Solr engine.
- Refreshed user database with updated Accreditation information.
- Refreshed user database with updated Certification information.
- Removed the broken Twitter link from the "Share" menu.
User Facing: Mobile
- Fixed an issue with products being pre-...
02 May 2012 | 0 comments
- Added code that allows us to host the "Symantec Control Compliance Suite Connectors Library" on Connect.
- Added new components that allow us to host videos from Symantec's Vision series of technical conferences on Connect.
- Added a gatekeeper form to Vision videos so the Vision team to collect data on users who are viewing their videos.
- Modified "notifications" functionality so notification emails are not sent out until a piece of content that's scheduled to be published in the future is actually published -- instead of when it's entered into the CMS.
- Modified the "Content-Type Response...
18 Apr 2012 | 3 comments
- Refactored "Activity Feeds" on home page and community overview pages to update more often.
- Added optional Twitter feed to Event Group home pages.
- Removed "Google Buzz" option from "Share" menu.
- Solved an issue that was causing a fatal error when the events activity filter was selected from certain group home pages.
- Fixed an issue with partner badges not showing up on comments and forum discussion threads that were posted by partners.
- Fixed a TMI issue in the date drop down that displays when creating an email invitation to a published event.
- Fixed links to RSS on individual blog pages to focus on target blog exclusively.
- Fixed an issue with character encoding in the title of forum posts in the mobile theme.
- Fixed an issue with the activity feeds on group home pages loading slow.
- Added a tool that allows admins to clear individual...
21 Mar 2012 | 3 comments
- Added code to render Connect on mobile devices.
- Touch optimized
- Automatic device detection
- Ability to "quick switch" between the desktop UI and the mobile UI.
- Platform support for Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, and more than 20 other mobile platforms.
- Added the ability for Community Managers to make blog posts "sticky" so they'll stay at the top of blog list pages as long as they stay flagged as sticky.
- Fixed an issue with the content submission form that was allowing users to edit a piece of content and remove its product association(s).
07 Mar 2012 | 0 comments
- Successfully split the Backup and Archiving community into two new communities: "Archiving and eDiscovery" and "Backup and Recovery".
- Successfully integrated Ideas from Clearwell Systems into the new "Archiving and eDiscovery" community.
- Changed the behavior of the voting widgets to ignore (and not respond to) a double-click.
- Fixed an error that users saw when they attempted to vote on an Idea that they had already voted on.
- Added the ability to "deep link" into a pre-filtered list page by appending specific values to the URL. For example, to link to the Backup Exec forum with filters set to "version=11.x" and "topic=Case Study" and "language=English" you would use this URL:...
22 Feb 2012 | 0 comments
- Added a "Partner" badge to the user profile page and posts made by partners.
- Resolved an issue with URL aliases that was causing groups who changed their names to retain the SEO-friendly URL of the old group name.
- Solved the mystery of the disappearing Store menu.
- Resolved an issue where users who were imported into Connect from other systems were unable to accept the Connect terms and conditions.
- Fixed an issue with accreditation badges not displaying on content posted by accredited Connect users.
- Improved the "blue dot" behavior by modifying the caching technique used to display (or not display) the dot on lists.
- Added code that translates the /symantec-blogs/design%40symantec URL to /symantec-blogs/design-at-symantec
- Relieved a load on automated scripts by implementing an improved method to regenerate and cache...