Showing posts tagged with Symantec Connect
Showing posts in English
08 Feb 2012 | 2 comments
- Users can now subscribe to be notified by email when the status of an Idea changes.
- The default setting for notifications is now "autosubscribe" for new users. This means they'll automatically receive an email when a solution is posted to questions they raise in the forums. (The autosubscribe setting can be changed by any user in their profile.)
- Changed the Accreditation and Certification badges to leverage CertTracker imports instead of data pulled from PartnerNet on login.
- Moved the Design@Symantec blog from blogs.verisign.com to Connect: http://www.symantec.com/connect/inside-symantec/blogs
- Added vouchers for "Symantec Technical Specialist" and "Symantec Certified Specialist" exams to the Connect Rewards catalog.
- Granted 13,452 ParterNet...
26 Jan 2012 | 3 comments
- Added "Symantec Certifications" to the profile pages of qualifying (certified) users. See http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/new-certific... for a explanation of the difference between certification and accreditation.
- Added code that will delete the child "Meeting Invitation" node when the parent "Event" node is deleted.
- Modified the "Share" menu to exclude the "email" option from anonymous users.
- Translated the "Public Group" and "Private Group" portions of the UI to French, German, and Spanish.
- Fixed /calendar navigation so users can more easily switch from month to month.
- Fixed persistant user badges to work correctly on comments.
- Upgraded Date module (security release)....
11 Jan 2012 | 0 comments
- Added a "persistent badge" functionality that will allow the display of a user's badge at the time of the posting. So, if a user was a Trusted Advisor in 2010 but not in 2011, posts they made in 2010 will include their "Trusted" badge while posts made in 2011 will not.
- Enhanced the "New discussion" functionality to allow privileged users to move child comments -- along with their displaced parents -- to a new discussion.
- Added functionality that will allow embedded videos to play on mobile devices.
- Fixed an issue that was posting user badges incorrectly on node creation and New discussion creation when performed by privileged users.
- Fixed an issue with the number of replies listed in the "Recent Blog Posts" block.
- Fixed an issue with the invisible "Admin" badge.
- Improved Omniture analytics tracking in forums.
- Modified the video content type to keep embed codes...
04 Jan 2012 | 0 comments
- Completed migration of "IT Industry Trends" blog to Connect: http://www.symantec.com/connect/symantec-blogs/it-...
- Updated code that manages the "Email Group Members" feature. Disabled character encoding on special characters in emails.
- Improved "Email Group Members" feature to use BCC field to hide email addresses and protect the privacy of group members.
- Tweaked the CSS that renders pages when they're printed.
- Fixed styling of the new global footer menu.
- Removed the community name from the tag cloud on blog pages.
- Upgraded the XML Sitemap module.
20 Dec 2011 | 0 comments
- Added an "Event Invitation Wizard" that gives creators of events (that are associated with a group) a tool to build -- and email -- HMTL invitations to members of their groups.
- Fixed "Email Group Members" functionality to allow group admins to reach out, via email, to members of their groups.
- Performance: Moved the loading of screencast help into ajax to lighten each page load.
- Added a global footer menu to help users quickly find support and product resources.
- Added global block to the top of the right column that includes links to popular Symantec.com resources.
- Added bridge pages to offerings in Symantec's Small Business store.
- Resolved an issue with the calendars in various parts of the site not rendering.
- Fixed the rendering of the tool used to attach files to comments.
- Updated Omniture tracking code.
- Changed awarding of user points on profile completion to legacy users only.
08 Dec 2011 | 0 comments
- Added code that emails a group manager when a member opts to leave their group. (If you manage a group, you can opt-in to these notifications by editing your group page and checking the "Notify me via email when a member leaves this group" checkbox under the "Group Owner Notification" heading near the top of the edit form.)
- Standardized the pager links at bottom of forum list pages with pager links at bottom of other list pages (articles, downloads, ideas) on the site.
- Refactored the taxonomy filters to leverage the SOLR engine for improved performance.
- Removed a depreciated content type (promotions).
- Fixed the non-functional "items per page" drop down on non-forum utility pages.
- Fixed an issue that was allowing users without a positive points balance to place orders in the /rewards catalog.
- Fixed an issue with unusual redirection that was happening when a user clicked links on another user...
28 Nov 2011 | 0 comments
- Refactored image upload process to make including uploaded images in posts more intuitive.
- Added functionality that will send an email to the appropriate Symantec Technical Support Engineer (TSE) when a forum post is flagged (by a Community Manager or a Trusted Advisor as being "escalated to support". In the past, these posts were simply posted to a list of issues that the TSEs could check at their leisure.
- Fixed an issue with the image browser that was keeping it from displaying thumbnail images in the tool that helps users include images in their posts.
- Fixed a database issue with some public posts that were displaying the private flag. Added code to prevent future occurrences.
- Fixed an issue with the Screencast help files not having titles that users could click on to view the help video in question.
- Removed the link to the deprecated group notifications screen on the user profile...
08 Nov 2011 | 0 comments
- Added support for "subgroups". Some Connect groups have grown to the point where they would like to start spawning "subgroups" for their members who want to organize around a special interest that is related to the parent organization but may not be of interest to all members of the parent group. Users who join a subgroup are automatically added as members of the parent group. Users who leave a parent group are automatically removed from child groups.
- Added a "Company Information" section to the user profile page. Also started a promotion that will award 25 Reward Points to users who complete the Company Information section of their profile before December 31, 2011.
- Added the ability to filter activity feeds on group pages by topic.
- Fixed an issue with group email functionality that was not allowing group owners to send email blasts to members of their groups.
- To improve performance, added a limit to the number...
25 Oct 2011 | 0 comments
- Enhanced the notifications system to include more specific explanations regarding why users receive each message in their email digest. Each explanation is followed by a link to the subscription in question so they can more easily make modifications to their personal subscription choices.
- Automated the process whereby ParterNet members who are also STEP technology partners are automatically added to a group tailored to their specific interests.
- Completed migration of SSIM (Symantec Security Information Manager) content from the "SymIQ for Partners" system to Connect.
- Tweaked code that displays promotions to allow targeted (per product) promotions to be posted.
- Cleaned up bad (imported) data that was discovered in the locales_source (translation) table.
- Fixed a code regression that was causing the /connect/calendar/ to fail.
11 Oct 2011 | 2 comments
- At the request of some internal Symantec groups, we modified the behavior of notifications system that will account for a user who posts content, forgets to tag it for a group, and then circles back to associate the post with a group. The default behavior was for no "makeup" notification to be sent when a submission is edited to add group associations. The new behavior is for email notifications to go out to members of the group that the content is associated with on edit.
- Fixed an issue where posts that were marked as private and assigned to a group were being saved as public.
- Changed the default groups collector page (/connect/groups) to list North American groups by default.
- Added code that limits a group owner's ability to make potentially dangerous configuration changes to their group settings.
- Fixed a problem with auto-expiration of reward points after 1-year of inactivity. In some edge cases, points were not auto-...