Arellia Privilege Management Overview
What is privilege management?
The average enterprise Windows user runs with an administrator account. When users have administrator accounts:
- 1 out of 7 helpdesk calls are due to users corrupting their systems with unauthorized software
- Users are more likely to be infected by zero-day vulnerability exploits and malicious software
- They create legal risks when they install unlicensed software
Removing administrator rights solves these problems, but creates other issues. Standard Users cannot:
- Use common Windows utilities
- Install authorized software without assistance from IT
- Use many applications that require administrator rights
With Arellia privilege management you can enable least privilege rights for users and applications by:
- Discovering users with administrator rights
- Identifying those applications that require administrator rights
- Removing end user administrator rights
- Granting administrator privileges to applications when needed
The benefits of removing administrator rights are proven
- Up to $653 in cost savings per system per year when removing administrator rights according to Gartner
- Protection from nearly 50% of Microsoft vulnerabilities and over 60% of Adobe vulnerabilities
For some organizations and users, removing end user privileges is not possible. In this case, Arellia can still provide least privilege benefits to administrative user accounts by:
- Reducing privileges for commonly exploited applications, which limits the impact of attacks.
- Eliminating unwanted user-created administrator accounts
- Hardening critical applications and services so administrative users can't disable or remove them
About Arellia: Arellia provides solutions for privilege management, application whitelisting, securing local administrator accounts, and compliance remediation. Arellia products are integrated with the Symantec Management Platform and sold through Symantec.