Barcode Solution & iPhone: Updating Multiple Assets using Quick Scan workflow in Barcode Essentials (Video 4)
Video 4: Demonstrates how to update bulk asset records using the Quick Scan process of 'set and scan'. The example shows a common work office environment where multiple assets are updated by first setting the specific asset details to change and then repeatedly scanning assets to apply the changes using Barcode Essentials on the iOS device (iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with scanner). Updated asset data is then wirelessly synchronized with the Symantec Barcode server.
- Using the Quick Scan workflow on Barcode Essentials
- Validating changes using Search or Asset Scan workflows
- Synchronizing Asset Data to the Symantec server
- Approving updated Asset Batches using Barcode Solution at the Symantec Management Console
Other videos in the series:
- Video 1 - Getting Started: Getting Started with Fixed Asset Management using Barcode Essentials
- Video 2 - Receiving: How to Enrol Common Fixed Assets using Receiving workflow in Barcode Essentials
- Video 3 - Search: How to Look-up Fixed Assets using Search workflow in Barcode Essentials
Requires Barcode Essentials Free or Standard Edition plus Altiris Barcode Solution 7.1 or above.
Get Barcode Essentials Free Edition on the App Store:
Get Barcode Essentials Standard Edition on the App Store: