IM B09: Best Practices for Backup and Recovery of VMware
Not sure why your VMware backups are slow? Experiencing too many failed VMware backups? We can help! This session will provide a technical overview of NetBackup’s award winning VMware protection technology.
We will discuss in detail:
• Technical aspects of VMware’s vStorage API for Data Protection (VADP) backup and restore process
• Identifying performance issues within your environment
• Maximizing performance while improving backup reliability
• Understanding the virtual machine restore process • Details of NetBackup 7.5 for VMware performance enhancements
• Direct vSphere backups using NetBackup 5220
• Best practices for configuring VMware backups in SAN, iSCSI, NAS, or DAS storage environments David Hendrix, Backup Performance Architect, from FedEx will discuss in detail their implementation of NetBackup for VMware.
Fedex has implemented NetBackup in an extremely demanding backup environment involving hundreds of ESX servers and thousands of virtual machines. Take the opportunity to hear their experiences and learn best practices by attending this session!