Putting It All Together Videos: Troubleshooting WinPE in DS 7.1
This 18 minute video shows you how to troubleshoot within WinPE. We don't cover troubleshooting specific tasks within WinPE (e.g. DA or Deploy Image tasks), but this will show you how to find any information you may need while troubleshooting those other items, and ensure that your WinPE environment works correctly. The following topics are covered:
- Ensuring network connectivity in WinPE
- Finding a computer in the console (if you can't by name or IP - which is what is displayed by default)
- Basic agent functionality in WinPE (such as client connecting and tasks actually running)
- Finding and reading all the WinPE logs (agent logs, ghost logs, imaging logs)
- Gathering MiniSetup logs from within WinPE (windows\panther) and what these are about
We hope you find this information useful for managing your Deployment Server environment, and preparing for (or preventing) support calls.