截屏视频帮助
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

LiveUpdate encountered one or more errors. Return code = 4

创建时间: 22 11 月 2012 • Updated: 03 6 月 2013 | 9 条评论
此问题已解决。 请查看解决方案。

Hi,

All in a sudden my SEPM 12.1 RU1 MP1 causing an error in the Liveupdate ?

I have tried to follow the steps in: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH103112

to do the following:

Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1

  1. Open a command window, then browse to:
    C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\bin
  2. Type lucatalog -cleanup and press Enter.
  3. Type lucatalog -forcedupdate and press Enter.
  4. Run LiveUpdate to verify that there are no errors.

If the error persists, examine Log.LiveUpdate for more detailed information or error codes.

but somehow it is still failed?

评论 条评论跳转至最新评论

John Santana 的图片

Hm.. I was confused but glad today since the reboot has solved the problem seems to be.

Kind regards,

John Santana
IT Professional

--------------------------------------------------

Please be nice to me as I'm newbie in this forum.

John Santana 的图片

Actually I didn't do anything else, just issue ing Start | run

"luall" then its all working manually.

Kind regards,

John Santana
IT Professional

--------------------------------------------------

Please be nice to me as I'm newbie in this forum.

Ashish-Sharma 的图片

HI,

 above steps haven't resolved your issue.

Could you upload the Log.liveupdate from

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\LiveUpdate

Also Check this thread

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/error-liveupdate-encountered-one-or-more-errors-return-code-4

Thanks In Advance

Ashish Sharma

解决方案
John Santana 的图片

Yes after the reboot, the Live update went fine with LUALL, and now the whole company got the latest update ?

taht is very strange :-|

Kind regards,

John Santana
IT Professional

--------------------------------------------------

Please be nice to me as I'm newbie in this forum.

解决方案
Glenn Jacobs 的图片

We had the same problem. Its because (we think) the autoupdate is triggered bij the systemuser. So its use the SYSTEM account. When you do it manually it use the account thats logged in.

How we solved this:

We use a proxy to acces the internet. So we let all traffic from our SEPMserver to "*.symantec.com" through our proxy without user authentication.

this solved it. Offcourse we still need to point to our proxy in our configuration.

If you don't use any proxy authentication, then this will not help you i think.

解决方案
John Santana 的图片

Glenn,

Many thanks forthe advice, I am using proxy for sure.

Kind regards,

John Santana
IT Professional

--------------------------------------------------

Please be nice to me as I'm newbie in this forum.