Hi every one,
Can you please give me any 5 points for difference b/n Lagacy and Unified Logs(6.0)
Legacy logs are single threded, Unified logs are multithreaded and need to be processed by the vxlog commands.
bit.ly/76LBN | APPLBN | 761LBN
Agree. Why exatly 5?
Authorized Symantec Consultant(ASC) Data Protection in Tokyo, Japan
1) Unified logs are more complex to read (being multi-threaded processes)
2) Unified logs are controlled with vxlogcfg, vxlogmgr and vxlogview - the conf file is in netbackup home directory called nblog.conf. Legacy log levels are controlled by the bp.conf/registry (Unix/Windows)
3) Unified logs are formatted in a "raw" format and need converting with vxlogview, legacy logs don't
4) It's a good idea to search for technote on legacy and unified logging, Mph999 has supplied one instance
5) Try playing around with the logs yourself on a test system.
Is this a quiz?
'Your starter for 10' [[sic. "University Challenge"]]
"Have you still got the box it came in?"