Symantec recognizes the need for balance between work and personal life. The Symantec Benefits Program includes offerings designed to support employees in their personal and professional lives.
Some of these programs are offered globally:
- Employee Assistance Programs offer a variety of support services, including counselling, financial, legal assistance, child/parenting support and adult/elder support Adoption Assistance provides our employees with financial assistance when adopting a child.
- Tuition Reimbursement encourages our employees to continue their education and recognizes that organizational excellence is best achieved by supporting educational activities.
- Discount Programs offer popular product and service vendors at a discount to Symantec employees.
Other work-life benefits are offered on a country-by-country basis. For example:
- In the US, we offer paid leave to parents of newborns, adopted children, and newly-placed foster children.
- In the UK, we offer a Childcare Voucher Scheme to support working parents with the costs of childcare.
- In India, we offer a Personal Housing Lease & Brokerage Reimbursement benefit. Employees are eligible to be reimbursed for brokerage fees when taking a personal lease one time during their tenure at Symantec.
- In China, we offer a One-Child Allowance, which is granted to employees who hold a One-Child Certificate issued by the Chinese government. Symantec will subsidize up to RMB60 per year for eligible employees/spouses. For eligible employees/spouses holding Shanghai Hukou, the allowance is up to RMB360 per year.
In some EMEA and LAM countries , we provide various meal and grocery subsidies (vouchers).
More information about working at Symantec is available on our Careers Website
Supporting Health and Wellness Programs
Symantec offers a variety of services and subsidies to promote health and wellness. Benefits offered vary by region and site.
- Flu shots are available annually in most countries.
- Gym Membership Reimbursement is available in US, Canada, all APJ countries including India and all EMEA countries.
- Best Doctors® - Second Opinion Service is available in the US, Canada, India, UK, Australia, China and Singapore: If you or a family member ever face an important medical decision – anything from minor surgery to serious issues like cancer, heart conditions and more – contact Best Doctors for help. The service uses physicians who are recognized national experts to help you confirm your diagnosis and better understand your treatment options. You can connect with a member of the Best Doctors clinical team from the comfort and privacy of your home.
Global Health and Safety Management Programs
We strive to provide a safe and healthy work environment for those working for and on behalf of the company. We have developed and implemented health and safety management programs designed to help promote a safe and healthy work environment, to avoid unsafe situations and to respond to incidents and medical emergencies.
Our Global Health and Safety Program provides employees with information and training on office ergonomics, emergency preparedness, emergency communication and health and safety consultation. Symantec has also implemented a global emergency medical advisory, treatment, and security program for employees traveling abroad.
We have implemented an ergonomic training and assessment program for all employees.
The ergonomic program uses a tiered approach to ergonomic training and assessment, this commences with an online training session and assessment tool. The online program aims to assist and support employees in ensuring that their workstation is set up correctly and to help them adopt working behaviours that support comfort at work such as taking regular breaks and stretching exercises. Should an employee require additional support the online ergonomics system will link the employee to our team of ergonomic specialists who will consult with them by phone or in-person, as required, this consultation may result in the purchase of ergonomic equipment but typically many of the recommendations made will be around behaviour.
The overall aim of the program is to reduce incidents of pain, discomfort, and ergonomics-related injuries.
In FY13 the ergonomics team managed over 1000 employee cases with an overall reduction in discomfort of 68% across the Globe.
The ergonomics program is available for all employees working in a Symantec Facility and all remote workers across the Globe. The remote workers assessment program includes a basic health and safety checklist for the home working environment as well as the standard ergonomics training and assessment information.
Emergency Response and Evacuation (ERE) Program
Symantec understands its responsibility for minimizing the danger to life, property, and job security. Symantec Global Emergency Response and Evacuation Programs are designed to facilitate a prompt and effective response and evacuation in emergency situations to protect people and assets, and restore operations to normal as quickly as possible.
Emergency Response Teams are comprised of employee volunteers who have received emergency first aid and disaster response training to enable them to respond to onsite medical incidents or accidents. The overall aim is for the teams to learn how to provide life-saving, first aid assistance to employees and visitors at Symantec. In addition, the ERE Teams are trained to assist in the event of a building evacuation to ensure safe exit and access as required during an emergency event. In order to ensure appropriate evacuation response times, annual drills are conducted in conjunction with Symantec Facilities and Security Teams.