Symantec recognizes the need for balance between work and personal life. The Symantec Benefits Program includes offerings designed to support employees in their personal and professional lives. Some of these programs are offered globally:
- Employee Assistance Programs offer a variety of support services, including counselling, financial, legal assistance, child/parenting support and adult/elder support.
- Adoption Assistance provides our employees with financial assistance when adopting a child.
- Tuition Reimbursement encourages our employees to continue their education and recognizes that organizational excellence is best achieved by supporting educational activities.
- Discount Programs offer popular product and service vendors at a discount to Symantec employees.
Other work-life benefits are offered on a country-by-country basis. For example:
- In the US, we offer paid leave to parents of newborns, adopted children, and newly-placed foster children.
- In the UK, we offer a Childcare Voucher Scheme to support working parents with the costs of childcare.
- In India, we offer a Personal Housing Lease & Brokerage Reimbursement benefit. Employees are eligible to be reimbursed for brokerage fees when taking a personal lease one time during their tenure at Symantec.
- In China, we offer a One-Child Allowance, which is granted to employees who hold a One-Child Certificate issued by the Chinese government. Symantec will subsidize up to RMB60 per year for eligible employees/spouses. For eligible employees/spouses holding Shanghai Hukou, the allowance is up to RMB360 per year.
- In some EMEA and LAM countries, we provide various meal and grocery subsidies (vouchers).
More information about working at Symantec is available on our Careers Website
Supporting Health and Wellness Programs
Symantec offers a variety of services and subsidies to promote health and wellness. Benefits offered vary by region and site.
- Flu shots are available annually in most countries.
- Gym Membership Reimbursement is available in US, Canada, all APJ countries including India and all EMEA countries.
- Best Doctors® - Second Opinion Service is available in the US, Canada, India, UK, Australia, China and Singapore.
Global Health and Safety Management Programs
Global health and safety management programs make Symantec a great place to work by helping our employees stay safe, well, efficient and productive on the job. We strive to provide a safe and healthy work environment for those working for, or on behalf of, the company. We develop and implement health and safety management programs designed to promote a safe and healthy work environment, avoid unsafe situations, maintain legal compliance, and respond to incidents and medical emergencies.
Our Global Health and Safety Program provides employees with information and training on office ergonomics, emergency preparedness, emergency communication and health and safety consultation. Symantec also has a global emergency medical advisory, treatment, and security program for employees traveling abroad.
We offer an ergonomics training and assessment program for all global employees. The overall aim of the program is to reduce incidence of pain, discomfort and ergonomics-related injuries.
The ergonomics program follows a tiered approach to deliver services, using online training and assessment tools. The online program helps employees set up their workstations correctly and adopt working behaviors that support comfort at work, such as taking regular breaks and doing stretching exercises. Should an employee require additional support, the online system links the employee to our team of ergonomic specialists who consults with individual employees by phone or in-person. This consultation may result in the purchase of ergonomic equipment, but typically many of the recommendations involve behavior modification.
In FY14 the ergonomics team managed approximately 1000 cases with an overall reduction in discomfort of 83% across the globe, improved from 68% last year.
Emergency Response and Evacuation (ERE) Program
Symantec understands its responsibility for minimizing the danger to life, property, and job security. Symantec Global Emergency Response and Evacuation Programs are designed to facilitate prompt and effective response and evacuation in emergency situations to protect people and assets, and restore normal operations as quickly as possible.
Emergency Response Teams are comprised of employee volunteers who receive emergency first aid and disaster response training to enable them to respond to onsite medical incidents or accidents. The overall aim is for the teams to learn how to provide life-saving, first aid assistance to employees and visitors at Symantec. In addition, the ERE Team assists during building evacuations to ensure occupants’ safe exit and access. Annual drills are conducted in conjunction with Symantec Facilities and Security Teams to achieve appropriate evacuation response times.
In FY14, we strengthened our global team with the addition of regional health and safety professionals in the Americas, EMEA, and India. With this influx of talent in-house, we renewed development of our safety management system to align with the principles of OHSAS 18001, the internationally-recognized standard for health and safety. We also enhanced our identification of risks and requirements, and revised our long-term strategy to reflect changes in our business and industry.
Our strategy clearly supports the Employee Value Proposition, Symantec’s promise to each employee. We provide employees with a great place to work not only by their participation in health and safety programs, but also through active engagement as safety committee members, management safety representatives, and vital stakeholders who influence the direction and reach of programs at Symantec.