Symantec Data Loss Prevention
Discover, monitor and protect your confidential data
Symantec Data Loss Prevention software is a comprehensive, content-aware solution that discovers, monitors, and protects confidential data wherever it is stored or used – across network, storage and endpoint systems.
5 DLP Tips That Will Help You Get a Seat at the Table
Learn what security executives are saying about data loss prevention, how they’re using it to protect their business, and how to avoid common pitfalls.
The Only 7-Time Leader* in Data Loss Prevention
Symantec Positioned Highest in Vision and Execution in 2013 Gartner Magic Quadrant
* Vontu was acquired by Symantec; previous titles include Magic Quadrants for "Content Monitoring and Filtering" and "Data Loss Prevention."
Symantec Data Loss Prevention (DLP) is comprehensive data security solution that discovers, monitors, protects and manages information wherever it is stored or used.
- Discover confidential data wherever it is stored and identifies data owners to make data cleanup easy.
- Monitor how confidential data is being used and where it is going to provide visibility into broken business process and high-risk users.
- Protect confidential data by automatically enforcing data loss policies; educating users about data security; securing exposed data; and stopping data leaks.
- Manage data loss policies, incident remediation, and risk reporting from a single, web-based management console.
Data Loss Prevention
- Improved! Monitors file usage and access patterns on network-attached storage (NAS) filers, Windows servers, and SharePoint libraries.
- Improved! Identifies the data owners of exposed files and folders; alerts security teams to anomalous activity or outlier users; and facilitates secure collaboration with access visualization and analytics.
Data Loss Prevention IT Analytics
- New! Provides advanced, multidimensional reporting capabilities so you can easily slice and dice data; create ad-hoc reports for executives and auditors; and measure data loss risk across your organization.
- IT Analytics is available at no additional cost with the Symantec DLP Suite.
Data Loss Prevention for Mobile
- New! Monitors email downloaded to mobile devices over ActiveSync.
- Monitors and protects network communications sent from iPads and iPhones over ActiveSync, HTTP/HTTPS, and iOS apps like Dropbox and Facebook.
Security executives trust Symantec DLP to:
- Improve visibility into their enterprise’s data loss risk, deliver measurable risk reduction, and stay ahead of emerging threats and new technologies.
- Educate and protect well-meaning employees and third parties from accidentally leaking or losing confidential data.
- Prevent malicious insiders and outsiders from stealing valuable intellectual property.
- Comply with global data privacy regulations such as the U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and European Union Data Protection Directive .
This example will discuss how to combine SEP and DLP data within IT Analytics by leveraging Microsoft Report Builder to create and publish a SQL Server Reporting Services report. For the purposes of this exercise, we will modify an out-of-the-box SEP dashboard to conveniently display DLP information all on one report.
Modifying a Default Dashboard
Posted: May 22, 2013 5:11:01 PM