Symantec Drive Encryption
Full disk encryption software
Symantec Drive Encryption provides organizations with comprehensive, high performance full disk encryption for all data (user files, swap files, system files, hidden files, etc.) on desktops, laptops, and removable media. This full disk encryption software protects data from unauthorized access, providing strong security for intellectual property, customer, and partner data. Protected systems can be centrally managed by Symantec Encryption Management Server simplifying deployment, policy creation, distribution, and reporting.
- Easy Passphrase and Machine Recovery - Local self-recovery, one-time-use token and other recovery options.
- Built PGP Strong - High performance, optimized, and strong encryption, built with PGP Hybrid Cryptographic Optimizer (HCO) technology. FIPS 140-2 validated, CAPS-approved, DIPCOG-approved, CC EAL 4+ certification.
- User-Friendly - Background encryption with throttle capabilities. Fewer passwords to remember with support for Windows single sign-on.
- Comprehensive Multi-Platform Coverage - Symantec Drive Encryption provides constant protection across laptops, desktops, and removable media. Compatible with PC, Mac, and Linux environments, Drive Encryption encrypts and decrypts data instantaneously with no disruption to an end-user’s normal workflows.
- Optional Silent Deployment - To ease rollouts, Drive Encryption can be pushed down by administration with no need for end-user involvement.
- High Performance - Utilizes AES-NI hardware in Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux operating systems for greater performance.
- Part of a Long-Term Enterprise Security Strategy - Drive Encryption is a key component and building block for many security implementations, providing organizations Safe Harbor should a device be lost or stolen and protection against unauthorized access.