Symantec Drive Encryption
Full disk encryption software
Symantec Drive Encryption provides organizations with comprehensive, high performance full disk encryption for all data (user files, swap files, system files, hidden files, etc.) on desktops, laptops, and removable media. This full disk encryption software protects data from unauthorized access, providing strong security for intellectual property, customer, and partner data. Protected systems can be centrally managed by Symantec Encryption Management Server simplifying deployment, policy creation, distribution, and reporting.
Symantec Encryption Solutions for Endpoints
What are Agents, Options and Add-ons
Add-ons are additional products that work with the original product.
Symantec Drive Encryption on Windows Servers
Symantec Drive Encryption on Windows Servers is supported on:
- Windows Server 2003 SP 2 (32- and 64-bit editions); Windows Server 2008 64-bit SP 1 and 2; Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit
- VMWare ESXi4 (supported Microsoft Windows Servers operating in a virtual environment)
For additional system requirements and best practices information, go to the Symantec Knowledgebase and search for TECH149613, "PGP Whole Disk Encryption on Windows Servers."
Show MoreShow Fewer
Symantec Endpoint Encryption Removable Storage Edition
Symantec Endpoint Encryption Removable Storage Edition provides policy-controlled encryption of data on removable media and provides organizations with a safe harbor from data breach notification if removable media is lost or stolen. This industry-leading laptop security software allows users to encrypt data according to policy on most any form of removable storage ensuring that users can safely transport and use sensitive data on portable media.
Note: Removable Storage Edition requires Symantec Endpoint Encryption Management Server for policy control and management
- Expanded Device Controller Support USB 3.0 and eSATA-based removable storage device support provides greater control of removable device encryptions.
- Integration with Symantec Endpoint DLP Policy integration with Symantec Endpoint DLP for content-based encryption of removable storage (powered by FlexResponse)* increases the efficiency of data loss prevention by having content-aware DLP policies automatically enforce encryption when sensitive files are copied to removable media.
- More Granular Control with Device Whitelisting "Do not encrypt" device white lists allow administrators to exclude specific makes and models of removable storage devices from automatic encryption supporting hybrid environments that utilize both hardware-based self-encrypting removable storage devices and software-based encryption by avoid complexity and double-encryption. Lowers the overhead for administrators by whitelisting specific devices from automatic encryption enforcement (e.g. do not encrypt iPods)
- User-Choice Encryption of Files Allows the end-user to modify the automatic encryption policy and choose which files to or not encrypt which lowers the overhead for administrators when specific power users require the ability to modify encryption policies for valid business purposes.
- Improved End-User Password Management The end-user can now set both a default password and session password. Administrators can also control how default passwords are used by end-users. This improves the end-user experience by providing end-users with better options for managing file encryption credentials.
- Safeguard intellectual property
- Share encrypted data easily and seamlessly
- Transparently manage security policies through Active Directory integration
- Allows recipients to decrypt files without having Symantec Endpoint Encryption client installed
- Decrypts and encrypts data without an installed client
- Laptop security software enables access to encrypted data on Windows and Mac computers
- Share information with authorized users via group keys transparently
- Manage Active Directory GPO and native policy deployment
- Share encrypted media/devices with the Removable Storage Access Utility
- Notebook security software allows you to deliver files with self-extracting archives for one-way distribution (email, ftp, etc.)
- Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit, Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate, SP1
- Windows Vista, 32-bit and 64-bit, Business, Enterprise, Ultimate
- Windows XP Professional, 32-bit and 64-bit, SP2 and SP3
- Windows Server 2003 Standard and Enterprise, 32-bit
- Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard and Enterprise, 32-bit
- Windows 2008 Standard 32-bit/64-bit and Enterprise 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows 2008 R2 Standard 32-bit/64-bit and Enterprise 32-bit/64-bit
- Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, and 10.8 (Intel-based) for Access Utility only