Symantec App Center Enterprise Edition
Symantec App Center (formerly Nukona) is an easy-to-use mobile application and content management solution that secures all corporate data on mobile devices. App Center offers an advanced technology that provides a unified platform to address diverse enterprise mobility needs. App Center enables user productivity on mobile devices, regardless of the ownership, while protecting enterprise data. App Center offers enterprise grade security on a per-app basis, without requiring any source code changes or SDK embedding. App Center is available in on-premise and SaaS versions.
Experience Enterprise Mobility, The Symantec Way (4:14)
• Device Management, Application Management and Threat Protection in a single suite.
• One solution for devices, apps and data across personal and corporate devices.
Symantec App Center has been designed to make it easy for IT to manage app-centric mobile deployments. With functionality to address the complete lifecycle management of apps and content, from distribution to protection to management, Symantec App Center addresses the needs of all IT stakeholders - enterprise application architects, application developers, information security teams and operations teams.
- Application & Content Management: App Center allows drag-and-drop app and content deployment, intuitive administrative web portal user interface, on-boarding with email invitations, notification of updates, customized access with tiered privacy controls and integration with enterprise identity and access management systems.
- Application & Content Protection: App Center allows administrators to enforce policies like user authentication, re-authentication, data encryption (FIPS 140-2 certified) as well as restrictions on local storage access, off-line access, document sharing and copy/paste. Administrators can also remote wipe specific applications and content from compromised devices using this mobile application management solution.
- Integrated Device Management: From the central console, Administrators can perform and enforce MDM actions like lock / wipe / ping / dissociate device, limit device functionality and set/rest password complexity rules. It enables devices to access key corporate assets such as email, calendar, and now provides a simple configuration of secure profiles for Enterprise Wi-Fi and VPN. It ensures corporate compliance by enabling advanced security settings on devices.
- Authentication and Single Sign-on: App Center provides authentication for the App Center portal and wrapped apps, as well as integrated single sign-on functionality for wrapped in-house apps, leveraging popular authentication methods including Active Directory, LDAP, SAML, and now SiteMinder. It also extends authentication and single sign-on to cloud and wrapped apps through integration with the Symantec O3 Web gateway.
- Secure App Connectivity: App Center can enforce a secure SSL or HTTPS connection for wrapped apps and block apps from going to unauthorized or malicious web sites. This app wrap policy can mandate SSL connection and the presence of trusted certificates to ensure information security for data-in-transit. This prevents data loss and simplifies compliance by controlling app communication without requiring costly VPN usage.
- Support BYOD without compromising security: Gain all benefits of user satisfaction and capital cost reduction without sacrificing corporate security or end user privacy. Apply policies on corporate data without monitoring personal apps and data.
- Mobile Enterprise Apps and Data: App Center allows efficient distribution of apps to employees and other authorized users with appropriate corporate security and corporate branding wrappers. Apps and data can be revoked quickly and securely when employees leave or devices are no longer active.
- Security without source code changes: Enterprises can wrap a layer of security and policy management around any mobile app, without any source code changes or SDK embedding.
- App developers don't need to be proficient in mobile security: Enterprise application development teams can focus now what they do best without concerning themselves about security implementations like authentication, key management and data loss prevention. All the security features are added post-development in the App Center.