Discover, monitor, protect and manage your confidential data wherever it’s stored and used – across endpoints, mobile devices, network and storage systems - with the market-leading data loss prevention solution from Symantec.
- Discover where data is stored across your endpoints and servers; identify true data owners and be alerted to unusual activity
- Monitor how data is being used when users are on and off the corporate network
- Protect data by notifying users about policy violations, securing exposed files and folders, and stopping outbound communications
- Manage data loss policies, workflow and remediation, reporting and administration from a powerful web-based management console
Symantec Data Loss Prevention 12.5 introduces features that give you greater control over your confidential data and simplify the management of your data loss policies including:
- NEW! Self-Service Remediation Portal enables business data owners to review and remediate network file policy violations directly from an intuitive online portal, and streamlines the risk remediation process.
- IMPROVED! Endpoint Agent discovers data stored on Mac OS X; discovers, monitors and prevents events on Microsoft Windows 8.1; monitors virtual desktops and applications hosted by Citrix XenApp 6.5, VMware View and Microsoft Hyper-V; and monitors data transferred through the Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP).
- IMPROVED! Endpoint Agent Management provides enhanced agent health status reporting and more flexible deployment of different agent group configurations from a single endpoint server.
- IMPROVED! Endpoint Communications allow more endpoint agents to connect to endpoint servers which improves system scalability and reduces the number of servers needed.
- IMPROVED! Endpoint Indexed Document Matching evaluates documents for exact content matches on endpoints in real-time and provides greater control over data use when users are off the network.
- IMPROVED! Exact Data Matching more accurately detects structured data (i.e., databases, spreadsheets) containing complex, multi-word phrases and Chinese, Japanese and Korean phrases which reduces false positives.
- IMPROVED! Mobile Email Monitor detects confidential email downloaded by users to Android and iOS devices over the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync protocol and provides greater visibility into BYOD.
- IMPROVED! Network Monitor detects confidential data sent over the new version of the Internet Protocol, IPv6.
- NEW! Single Server Installation support enables you to deploy the Enforce platform, detection servers, and Oracle database on a single physical server for branch offices or small organizations, and lowers hardware and maintenance costs.