ALERT Life Sciences Computing S.A.
Europe, Middle East, Africa |
If you happen to meet Filipe Pinto, the IT director of ALERT Life Sciences Computing, and mention the word Symantec, just watch their smile appear on his face. Using Symantec Backup Exec, the Portuguese division of this fast-growing electronic health records (EHR) company has reduced costs (the Backup Exec purchase and deployment cost was equivalent to renewing a CommVault support agreement), and introduced unprecedented levels of backup performance and restore. The solution is easy to use, offers valuable functionality such as granular restore, and is anticipated to deliver up to 90 percent rates of deduplication.
- Industry: Healthcare
- Headquarters: Gaia, Portugal
- Servers: 4 x VMware; 13 x Dell, 5 x HP, 1 x IBM
- Virtualization: VMware 4.1 Update 1, connected to 2 CX3-10 using fiber
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 2008, 2008 R2, 32b and 64b, Centos 5
- Applications: SQL, Active Directory, Exchange, File server, file server in cluster, SharePoint, VMware