Symantec Backup Exec 3600 Appliance
Power up and go with the Backup Exec Appliance
Backup Exec 3600 Appliance offers integrated software and hardware to provide an easy, complete, and cost-effective backup solution. Quickly protect physical and virtual servers, along with applications and databases, while reducing time-consuming setup and management. Maximise backup performance and storage with integrated deduplication and with V-Ray technology, reduce business downtime with bare-metal recovery and granular recovery for files and applications.
Check out the new Backup Exec Appliance at Symantec Symposium 2012 – coming soon to a city near you!
RECORDED WEBCAST Backup Exec 3600 Appliance: Discover a new approach to back up - Backup, Deduplication, and Storage all in One Box (Thursday 29 November, 2012 at 2pm EST)
Backup Exec 3600 Appliance is a one stop shop offering integrated software and hardware to provide an easy, complete, and cost-effective backup solution. This Backup Appliance is ideal for customers looking for turnkey solutions for their organisation that can enable efficient, storage-optimised data protection for the data centre, remote office and virtual environments.
Introducing Backup Exec 3600
Do you want to know more?
Symantec Backup Exec 3600 Appliance Technical Feature Brief
This technical feature brief is intended to assist partners and customers as they implement data protection solutions based on the Symantec
Backup Exec 3600 Appliance.
New Modern, Innovative User Console
Eliminate backup complexity with an easy to use, innovative user console.
- Provides users with simple and intuitive management and monitoring capabilities
- Automatically configures policies and settings while providing full customization capabilities.
One Product Any Recovery
Through a single-pass backup of virtual or physical systems, users can recover virtual machines, applications, databases, files, folders and even granular objects in seconds.
- Fast granular recovery
- Single pass backup
Integrated Disaster Recovery
Recover a failed system from bare metal to the same hardware, dissimilar hardware or to a VMware or Hyper-V guest in minutes.
- Bare metal recovery
- Dissimilar hardware recovery
- Physical to virtual (P2V) conversions
Enhanced Default Configuration
Increased the internal RAID 1 configured SSDs from 40 GB to 80 GB for OS volumes, added a 6 GB/second SAS host bus adapter and cable for tape-based archiving and data off-site needs, tripled the number of 1 GB/second Ethernet ports from one to three, and updated the Symantec software from Backup Exec 2010 to Backup Exec 2012.
- 2 x 80 GBs RAID 1 SSDs
- 6 GB/seconds SAS host bus adapter
- 3 GB/second Ethernet ports
- Backup Exec 2012
- All-in-one affordable data protection solution pre-packaged with Backup Exec 2012 and 5.5 TB of useable disk storage in a 1U high rack mount appliance.
- Integrated source/client and target side data deduplication across physical and virtual backup jobs.
- Easily restore an entire server, VMware or Hyper-V virtual machines, applications, files/folders or individual objects from a single pass backup in seconds.
- Optimized hardware ensures reliability and performance
- Replicate data to other Backup Exec Appliances or to other Backup Exec servers.
- Protect an unlimited number of servers and applications, whether physical or virtual, while reducing backup complexity with an easy to install, configure and manage backup appliance from the market leader in data protection.
- Manage data growth and effectively reduce data backup storage by up to 90 percent, while optimizing network utilization through integrated, built-in, high speed block level data deduplication across physical and virtual environments.
- Dramatically minimize downtime and data loss by rapidly recovering what you need, when you need it.
- Enterprise class reliability – RAID 5 data drives, mirrored SSDs for hardened OS, redundant power supplies, battery backup on RAID controller.
- Provides a secondary copy of your data in the event of a system or site failure.