Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 Desktop Edition
Windows 32-bit or 64-bit operating systems:
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows 7 Ultimate
- Windows 7 Enterprise
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows 8 Professional
- Windows 8 Enterprise
- Windows 8.1
Virtual platforms (for converted recovery points):
- VMware vSphere 4.0, 4.1, 5.0, 5.1 and 5.5
- Microsoft Hyper-V 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0
- Citrix XenServer 5.0, 5.5, 5.6 FP1, 6.0, 6.1, and 6.2
The following are the memory requirements for each component of Symantec System Recovery:
- Symantec System Recovery Agent: 1 GB
- Symantec System Recovery user interface and Recovery Point Browser: 1 GB
- Symantec System Recovery Disk: 1.5 GB minimum (dedicated)
- LightsOut Restore: 1.5 GB
Available Hard Disk Space
The following are hard disk space requirements for Symantec System Recovery and other areas:
- When you install the entire product: Up to 2 GB is required for a full install, depending on the language of the product you select.
- Recovery points: Sufficient hard disk space on a local hard disk or network server for storing recovery points.
The size of recovery points depends on the amount of data you have backed up and the type of recovery point that is stored.
- LightsOut Restore: 2 GB
The drive can be any speed, but it must be capable of being used as the startup drive from the BIOS.
Symantec System Recovery uses Gear Software technology.
To verify that your DVD writer is compatible, visit the Web site.
You can look up information about your writer if you know the name of the manufacturer and model number of your writer.
The following Microsoft .Net Framework versions are required for installing and using Symantec System Recovery:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2: Required to run the Symantec System Recovery installation program.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 and 4.5: Required to run and use Symantec System Recovery.
If the required .NET Framework versions are not already installed, the Symantec System Recovery installation program automatically installs them on your computer.
Symantec System Recovery Management Solution 2013 R2
Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 Management Solution supports up to 10,000+ installations of Symantec System Recovery for each installation of the solution. However, network performance varies greatly among organizations. The total number of supported installations of Symantec System Recovery may be more or less for your network. Network performance should be monitored to ensure that installations of Symantec System Recovery are not extended beyond the capacity and capability of your network.
The computer on which you install and use Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 Management Solution must meet the following minimum system requirements.
Minimum system requirements for 64-bit operating systems
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.0 GHz or faster (32 bit), Dual Processor Dual Core with 2.53 GHz or faster (64-bit). Note: An Intel Itanium 2 processor is required for Windows Server 2008 R2 for Itanium-Based Systems.
- RAM: 4 GB or more
- Available disk space: 20 GB or more
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, Enterprise Edition, or Standard Edition with service pack 1.
Database: Express, Standard, and Enterprise editions of the following are supported:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 SP4 only
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 SP2 onwards
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012
Note: Symantec recommends that you install Microsoft SQL Server and Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 Management Solution on separate computers to avoid computer performance issues.
Software: The following must be installed on the computer on which you want to install Symantec
System Recovery 2013 R2 Management Solution:
- Microsoft Silverlight 3.0 or later
- Symantec Installation Manager 7.5
- Symantec Management Platform 7.5 HF 6
Note 1: Installation of Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 Management Solution is not supported on encrypted file systems.
Note 2: Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 Management Solution does not support Symantec Management Platform 7.5 SP1
Internet access: High speed Internet access is recommended at the computer where you install Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 Management Solution.
Symantec also recommends that you familiarize yourself with the Symantec Management Platform by reviewing the "Symantec Management Platform Installation Guide."
Symantec System Recovery Monitor 2013 R2
The following Microsoft Windows 32-bit or 64-bit operating systems are supported:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 or R2
- Microsoft Windows Vista (All Editions)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or R2
- Microsoft Windows 7 (All Editions)
- Microsoft Windows 8 (Desktop Edition)
- Microsoft Windows 8.1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
The minimum system requirements to run the Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 Monitor application:
- Microsoft.NET Framework 4.5
Note: Microsoft.NET Framework 4.0 is only required for Windows 2003.
Prerequisites for the Host Computer
The following are the requirements to run this version of the Symantec System Recovery 2013 Monitor:
- 25-MB installation disk space
- Microsoft Windows display resolution set to 1024 x 768
To enable the View Console link, ensure that one of the following versions is installed:
- Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 9.0.5
- Symantec System Recovery 10.0.2 or higher
To enable communication with remote computers, add the DCOM port [Default: TCP port 135] and the Symantec System Recovery service [default location: C:\Program Files\Symantec \Symantec System Recovery\Agent\vprosvc.exe] to the firewall exceptions list.
Prerequisites for the Client Computer
Ensure that the Symantec System Recovery service is operational. For more information about Symantec System Recovery service, see the Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 User Guide.
To enable communication from the host computers, add the DCOM port [Default: TCP port 135] and the Symantec System Recovery service [default location: C:\Program Files\Symantec \Symantec System Recovery\Agent\vprosvc.exe] to the firewall exceptions list.
Ensure that the Simple File sharing option is disabled for the following versions of Microsoft Windows:
- Microsoft Windows XP (All Editions)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 or R2
For more information about disabling the simple file sharing option, please visit:
If you use a standard user account with administrator privileges to add and monitor a remote computer, you must turn off the User Account Control (UAC) setting on the remote computer. You are not required to turn off the UAC setting, if you are using a default administrator account.
Ensure that the Backup Exec System Recovery 9.0 or higher is installed on the client computer.