Seamless Safe Handling of Sensitive Information Achieved by Integrating Security Technologies
TORONTO, ON. - Oct. 27, 2009
- Symantec Corp. (Nasdaq: SYMC) today announced that Symantec Data Loss Prevention 10
will help companies better protect their data by applying encryption and enterprise rights management (ERM) to sensitive content. Symantec Data Loss Prevention 10's new, open remediation platform will seamlessly integrate with leading solutions from GigaTrust, Liquid Machines, Oracle and PGP Corporation.
Growing threats and regulations are paving the way for increased adoption of these technologies by organizations looking to secure their data and simplify compliance. Symantec Data Loss Prevention 10 will make it easier for companies to leverage encryption and ERM with content-aware accuracy to protect sensitive information.
By allowing organizations to take action on sensitive data they find with DLP, organizations gain flexibility in their options for safe handling of sensitive data Symantec Data Loss Prevention 10 will allow organizations to leverage existing investments in the PGP Encryption Platform, Oracle Information Rights Management and Microsoft Active Directory Rights Management Services (RMS) to extend the protection of sensitive data.
"While some have viewed DLP and ERM as rival technologies, they are now viewed as complementary technologies and thus coming together," said Jon Oltsik, principal analyst, Enterprise Security Group. "The combination of DLP and ERM provides heightened visibility into data assets, data movement and user behavior which lowers the risk of data loss and eases compliance efforts."
About Business Solutions from Symantec
- "Having integrated into the Symantec Data Loss Prevention v10 product, GigaTrust continues to exclusively extend Microsoft Active Directory Rights Management Services (RMS) for Windows Server 2008," said Darryl Worsham, vice president of business development at GigaTrust. "We are excited about this partnership because it facilitates companies to better protect sensitive information at rest, in transit, and in use across the infrastructure and share it in a secure manner - providing persistent information protection throughout its lifecycle."
- " Liquid Machines is enabling Symantec's customers to automatically protect sensitive data with Microsoft Active Directory Rights Management Services (ADRMS) and Liquid Machines," said Ed Gaudet,
senior vice president of corporate development and marketing for Liquid Machines, Inc. "Our mutual customers demand layered security that persistently protects information across the lifecycle. The combination of Liquid Machines and Symantec DLP provide customers with a seamlessly integrated information protection solution that enables a number of enterprise and regulatory compliance scenarios while reducing operational costs."
- "Oracle is committed to protecting the confidential data of our customers," said Ryan Carroll, vice president IRM development Oracle. "Through our collaboration on Information Rights Management solutions with industry leaders such as Symantec, we are able to extend that protection, add more options and layers of security, and reduce the risk of data breaches for global enterprises operating complex computing environments."
- "Confidential customer data and intellectual property is just a keystroke away from falling in the wrong hands and every organization today is at risk; integrated data loss prevention solutions like those from Symantec and PGP Corporation can help," said Tim Matthews, senior director of product marketing at PGP Corporation. "Combining encryption solutions from PGP Corporation with Symantec DLP enables customers to find and protect their data whether it is at rest, in use or in motion."
Symantec helps organizations secure and manage their information-driven world with IT Compliance
, discovery and retention management
, data loss prevention
, and messaging security
Symantec is a global leader in providing security, storage and systems management solutions to help consumers and organizations secure and manage their information-driven world. Our software and services protect against more risks at more points, more completely and efficiently, enabling confidence wherever information is used or stored. More information is available at www.symantec.com
Symantec's Canadian operations are headquartered in Toronto with offices in Montreal, Ottawa, Calgary and Vancouver. For more information on Symantec products or current promotions, access Symantec's Canadian Web site at www.symantec.ca
. Symantec is an active member of the Business Software Alliance (BSA).
NOTE TO EDITORS: If you would like additional information on Symantec Corporation and its products, please visit the Symantec News Room at http://www.symantec.com/news
. All prices noted are in U.S. dollars and are valid only in the United States.
Symantec and the Symantec Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Symantec Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.