- This statement covers all Symantec web sites; TRUSTe’s certification excludes the Symantec Store (shop.symantecstore.com) or sites outside North America.
- This statement applies to any Symantec employees, contractors and third parties engaged in Symantec’s operations globally and to any Symantec’s subsidiaries who receive personal data collected through Symantec-branded web sites.
- We collect personal contact information, as well as credit or debit card information at the time you purchase a license to our software. We also collect limited information concerning your system to determine your entitlements to updates.
- We do not collect personal information without your consent; if you do consent, we share this with partners, but we do not otherwise share your personal information with third parties, except as described in the Symantec Web Privacy Notice. We use this information to support the nature of the relationship (for example, subscribing to software, subscribing to a newsletter or registering for an event or training) that you have with Symantec. We use your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, consistent with the purposes communicated to you and with your consent.
- You have the ability to change your preferences in respect to how we contact you, in your Norton Account if a Norton subscriber, or through the web page from which you provided your information. If you are on a Symantec web page that requires to submit personal information but does not offer communication choices, or would like to change your preferences for information that you have previously provided, please complete the customer Privacy Options form here.
- We protect your personal information in a prudent manner, and use your personal information consistently with your choices. We retain your personal information for as long as it is legally required, and to support the business purposes for which it was obtained; we then dispose of it promptly and securely.
When you submit or send your information on our web sites, you expressly consent to the collection and transfer of your personal information for the purposes it was gathered on the website. If you reside outside the United States, this means that your information may be transferred to other companies of the Symantec group in the United States or other countries that may have less protective data protection standards than the region in which you are situated (including the European Economic Area). If so, Symantec has taken steps so that the collected information, if transferred, receives an adequate level of protection, including through the implementation of data transfer agreements.
Our web sites may provide links to other web sites for your convenience and information. These web sites operate independently from Symantec and may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked web sites. To the extent any linked web sites you visit are not part of the Symantec group, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of those sites.
describes in more detail the types of information we collect at Symantec’s web site(s), how we may use that information and with whom we may share it and the measures we take to protect the security of the information. There are also provisions about specific uses of personal information in different contexts. Our Social Media Privacy Notice
has specific notice provisions concerning our sites that utilize ‘user generated content’.
To contact us concerning your privacy, or to change your communication preferences, update, or review the personal information we have about you, or withdraw your consent for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, use one of the following methods:
- You can alter your contact preferences through the Privacy Options at: https://www-secure.symantec.com/custserv/cgi-bin/cs_privacy_dyn.cgi. Enterprise customers, please utilize the SymAccount to alter your contact preferences.
- Customer Support in your country or region – by telephone, e-mail, or regular mail (please see link for contact information);
- Through Symantec’s Privacy Department:
Symantec Corporation - Privacy Lead
350 Ellis Street
PO Box 7011
Mountain View, CA 94043
If for any reason you are not satisfied with the response from Symantec to your inquiries regarding your right to privacy, you can contact TRUSTe