Symantec Backup Exec Small Business Edition
Comprehensive Small Business Backup and Recovery
For the busy business, Symantec Backup Exec Small Business Edition replaces confusion with confidence, offering complete data protection set-up in less than 10 minutes through three simple steps. In one simple yet comprehensive package proven in millions of installations worldwide, you get a total solution for data backup, system restoration and disaster recovery.
Backup Exec 2012 Deeper Dive: Dive into the new features coming in Backup Exec 2012
Great new features like integrated bare-metal disaster recovery, instant recovery via virtual conversions of backups, a completely redesigned user experience, enhanced V-Ray virtualization capabilities and a new, simpler licensing model.
Backup Exec 2012 Overview (4:31)
Note: This product is an appliance. For a complete list of supported environments, refer to the .
Server Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2011 Family
- Microsoft Windows Essential Business Server 2008
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2008 R2 Family
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2008 Family
- Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 Family
- Microsoft Windows 2008 Family
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 Family SP2 or later
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Family SP2 or later
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server (SBS) 2003 (SP1) (SP1 is min for support of SQLExpress 2005)
- Microsoft Windows 2003 R2 Family SP2 or later
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Family SP2 or later
- Microsoft Hyper-V 2008 and Microsoft Hyper-V 2008 (R2)
- VMware ESX, ESXi 4.0, 4.1, 5.0 (Guest machine, agent-based backup only)
Client Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 7 (Supported by Agent for Windows Systems)
- Microsoft Windows Vista (Ultimate, Business & Enterprise) (Supported by Agent for Windows Systems)
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2 (Supported by Agent for Windows Systems)
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or later (SQL Express 2005 requires Internet Explorer
Installation Disk Space
- 1.75 GB (includes all options)
Note: Disk space requirements may vary depending on operations performed, the options installed, and the specific system configuration. Backup Exec Database and Catalogs will require additional space
Memory - Backup Exec Media Server
- Minimum Required: 512 MB RAM
- Recommended: 1 GB RAM (or more for better performance)
Note: RAM Requirements may vary depending on the operations performed, the options installed, and the specific computer configuration
- Symantec Recovery Disk: 1 GB minimum (dedicated) for the multilingual version
Virtual Memory Recommendations
20 MB above the Windows recommended size for total paging file size (total for all disk volumes)
- Intel Pentium, Xeon, AMD, or compatible
- Network interface card or a virtual network adapter card
- DVD-ROM drive
- (Recommended) A mouse
- (Optional for printer notification) Printer supported by Microsoft Windows
Backup Exec requires at least one storage media drive and/or single-drive robotic library. Removable storage devices and non-removable hard drives can also be targeted for backups. Refer to the Backup Exec hardware compatibility list
for a complete list of devices that are supported.
Note: Support for a single robotic library drive is available when you purchase Backup Exec. To enable support for additional robotic library drives, you must purchase Backup Exec Library Expansion Option.
I need a solution
I have a sheduled backup job that start to run from 7pm which backup on two tapes, when it riches around 1.7 TB ( in which when succeed reaches about 1.9 TB), it stuck. It dozen't give any error ( even in Windows Event Log). It just give the alert "Please insert...
Posted: 18-May-2013 11:57:35 AM