Symantec Data Loss Prevention software consists of a unified management platform, content-aware detection servers, and lightweight endpoint agents. Unlike other data loss prevention solutions, it is proven to work in highly distributed environments and scale up to hundreds of thousands of employees.
Management Platform and Detection Servers The Symantec Data Loss Prevention Enforce Platform and detection servers are supported on a wide range of operating systems and virtualized environments:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.7 - 5.10, 6.4, 6.5
- VMware ESX 4.0; ESX/ESXi 4.1 and 5.x
The Enforce Platform is also supported by a backend database, Oracle Standard One or Oracle Standard Edition, which stores all historical incident data and system information.
Endpoint Agent The Symantec Data Loss Prevention Endpoint Agent is supported on the following operating systems and virtualized environments:
- Apple Mac OS X 10.8, 10.9
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8.0, 8.1; Server 2003, Server 2008
- Citrix XenApp 4.5, 6.0, 6.5; XenDesktop 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, 5.6
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- VMware Workstation 6.5; VMware View 4.6