Symantec Desktop and Laptop Option
The Symantec Desktop and Laptop Option is an easy to use solution which provides reliable automated file backup and recovery for desktops and laptops from the market leader in Data Protection. Whether desktops and laptops are connected to the network or offline, the Desktop and Laptop Option provides continuous data protection regardless of their connectivity.
- Integrated high speed data deduplication: Reduces bandwidth usage, backup window, and storage capacity needed for backups allowing for faster backups.
- Support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012
- 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standards (AES) encryption
Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) Option for PST backups
Provides support for VSS enabled PST backups.
Microsoft Office 64-bit support
The Symantec Backup Exec Desktop and Laptop Option Agent and all its components are now compatible with Microsoft Office 2010(both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions).
- Automated file protection: The Desktop and Laptop Option automates the copying of user files to a network share.
- Offline backup/restore: When users are offline, the Desktop and Laptop Option will backup files to a local folder accessible to users for restore. Once connection is restored, data will be moved from the local file to the network share.
- Scheduling: Files can be backed up continuously, scheduled, periodically or manually.
- File compression: Automatically compresses files before backing them up for faster backups while minimizing storage.
- Flexible deployment: Centralized management for thousands of desktops and laptops
- Safeguard desktop and laptop data with automated continuous data protection for users whether they are in the office or on the road.
- Simple, easy to deploy, and use.
- Users can restore files and folders quickly and easily, online or offline, without IT assistance.
- Administrators can customize the Desktop and Laptop Option to select what files to back up, when to back them up, where data is stored, and how much bandwidth to use.