Symantec Enterprise Vault
Information Archiving to store, manage and discover critical business information
Enterprise Vault, the industry leader in integrated content archiving, enables users to store, manage, and discover unstructured information across the organization. As the industry’s most widely-deployed enterprise archiving solution, Enterprise Vault helps customers deduplicate information at the source to reduce costs, delete information confidently and discover information efficiently.
Product Tour: Enterprise Vault: Solve your email archiving
Enterprise Vault Archiving Overview
Symantec Positioned Highest in Vision and Execution
Symantec is a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Information Archiving.
Built-in Data Classification Services (DCS)
- Based on Symantec Data Loss Prevention technology, add context and relevance for more granular control over identification, retention, and deletion of Exchange messages
- Identify and flag email with private and sensitive information, such as social security numbers, bank accounts and phone numbers
Discovery Accelerator Custodian-based Search
- Quickly find all relevant information across email, SharePoint, files, IMs, etc., based on custodian
- Target searches to individual custodians within a case for increased search precision and recall
Social Media and Website Archiving
- Extend compliance policies to sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Preserve social media communications for eDiscovery requests
Archive to the Cloud
- Leverage the Cloud Storage Connector for Nirvanix as a storage tier for archiving
Archive Microsoft SharePoint Content
- Extend governance to SharePoint. Archive SharePoint document libraries for storage optimization and compliance.
- Archive SharePoint document libraries, wiki’s custom SharePoint lists, social content and more.
- Unified Document Archiving Software Platform moves less-frequently accessed information off of expensive primary storage to lower-cost storage
- E-Discovery and Search roles-based access for legal users to search, preserve, review and export electronically-stored information efficiently
- Global deduplication of Archived Content (i.e. email, files, sharepoint, IM, databases.)
- Active Content Collection to extend search, indexing and classification of data beyond the archive
- Enterprise archiving reduces storage footprint and costs by up to 60% or more by moving deduplication and compression closer to the source while retention and deletion policies keep information for only as long as it is needed
- Streamlines backup and recovery times by moving older, infrequently accessed data from production sources into a centralized archive
- Enables an in-depth search of Electronically-Stored Information (ESI) across the enterprise, giving organizations clear visibility into and control of the discovery, assessment, and management of unstructured and semi-structured information
- Allows for immediate early case assessments, legal hold and review without manual, time-consuming collection processes