Symantec Messaging Gateway powered by Brightmail
Spam Filter by the first name in messaging security
Symantec Messaging Gateway powered by Brightmail, delivers inbound and outbound messaging security, with effective and accurate real-time antispam and antivirus protection, advanced content filtering, data loss prevention, and email encryption. Messaging Gateway is simple to administer and catches more than 99% of spam with less than one in a million false positives. Defend your email perimeter, and quickly respond to new messaging threats with this market leading messaging security solution.
Symantec Positioned as a Leader in Latest Gartner Magic Quadrant for Secure Email Gateways
Symantec Positioned as a Leader in Latest Forrester Email Content Security Wave
The 10.0 release of Symantec Messaging Gateway includes several new features to provide better protection, greater control and easy management . Symantec is introducing Customer-Specific Rules to allow customers the ability to define specific SPAM rules for their particular email environment. Symantec Messaging Gateway 10.0 now has even tighter integration with Symantec Data Loss Prevention to ensure the highest level of control over email. Symantec Messaging Gateway 10.0 also includes IPv6 support.
- Customer-Specific Rules: Customers have the option to obtain personalized spam rules based entirely on submissions from administrators and end users, with capability to control the aggressiveness of filter creation and to remove rules in case of false positives. Customer-specific rules provide automated protection against emerging spam attacks and other types of unwanted mail, including more importantly, attacks that have now become more targeted in nature and targeted to your company and end-users. Customers can also report on how effective the rules are in their environment.
- New Dispositions: Targeted antispam effectiveness with granular new dispositions for newsletters, marketing email, and email with suspicious URLs. Customers can configure these policies based on their definition of unwanted email.
- Improved Antispam Scanning: Messaging Gateway is an award winning solutions consistently blocking more than 99% of spam with less than one in one million false positives. With the latest release, an improved antispam engine will further help customers achieve their goals for spam catching efficiency and accuracy.
- Adaptive Reputation Management: The technology behind Symantec Messaging Gateway’s reputation filtering is known as Adaptive Reputation Management, and it is one of our key differentiators. It blocks 90% of spam at the connection level; it filters out spam based on the sender’s reputation, without having to open individual messages. The remaining 10% of messages go through more than 20 antispam filtering technologies that open suspicious messages and examine them for spam, malicious content, and other types of unwanted content such as newsletters and marketing mail. Symantec Messaging Gateway uses our worldwide Global Intelligence Network and our unique self-learning local reputation system to determine potential spammers based on actual email traffic that our customers experience.
- Integrated DLP Functionality: Symantec Messaging Gateway features advanced content filtering and data loss prevention technologies that make it easier to protect and control sensitive data. Administrators can easily build effective and flexible policies that enforce regulatory compliance and protect against data loss. Messaging Gateway appliances leverage integration with sophisticated structured data matching technology from Symantec Data Loss Prevention, which analyzes data held in your databases (e.g. customer and patient records, banking information, order processing, customer relationship management (CRM), etc.) and creates unique fingerprints for the actual data.
- Enhanced Integration with Data Loss Prevention: Symantec Messaging Gateway has the ability to act as an enforcement point for Symantec’s market-leading Data Loss Prevention product, giving you the ability monitor and protect sensitive information being communicated via e-mail, ensuring information ends up where it belongs. The integrated quarantine management capability allows DLP Administrators to directly manage and take action on items quarantined by Messaging Gateway from within the DLP Enforce console.
- Encryption Integration: Messaging Gateway offers a premium add-on, Symantec Content Encryption that can be deployed as a hosted service, or on premise. For customers who prefer on-premise encryption, Messaging Gateway can be integrated with Symantec PGP Universal Gateway Email. PGP® Universal Gateway Email from Symantec is configured in gateway mode and acts as an "arm" of Messaging Gateway.
- Match Logging and TLS Logging: Messaging Gateway 9.5 provides enhanced logging for content filtering policies and TLS delivery to improve on-box DLP capabilities and secure email delivery capabilities.
- Unified Management: Messaging Gateway includes a powerful control center for unified management and administration of your company’s messaging infrastructure. From a single Web-based console, administrators can easily manage multiple Messaging Gateway appliances to view trends, attack statistics, and noncompliance incidents. By removing the complexity of multiple consoles, disparate policies, and incompatible logging and reporting procedures, Messaging Gateway significantly reduce the total cost of ownership (TCO) of messaging security infrastructure.
- Messaging Gateway is a pioneer in Virtual messaging security appliance technology and leads the market in that category. Messaging Gateway 9.5 provides extended virtualization support to expand reach and effectiveness of Virtual Edition.
- IPv6 Support: IPv6 supportability means you can choose to deploy your Messaging Gateway in a mixed IPv6/IPv4 network. This allows customers to process, scan and report on IPv6 based email traffic.
- Anti-spam gateway blocks more than 99% of spam with less than one in one million false positives and real-time automatic updates.
- Powered Brightmail antispam filtering engine - a set of technologies that identify email borne threats based on reputation on both the global and local level.
- Strong data loss prevention capabilities to ensure customers stay in regulatory compliance.
- Customer-Specific rules allow customers to easily create rules based on email they consider to be spam or on potentially targeted attacks.
- Protects sensitive client data and valuable confidential information, with the ability to fingerprint and identify actual company data within messages or attachments.
- Protects company reputation and manages risks associated with data loss, internal governance, and regulatory compliance.
- Optional Symantec Content Encryption subscription integrates email encryption into Messaging Gateway console, leveraging powerful built-in spam filtering and data loss prevention policies.
- Includes a dashboard, summary reports, and detailed reports demonstrating the efficacy and impact of anti-spam gateway while proactively highlighting threat trends and potential compliance issues.
- Reduces administrative costs by removing the complexity of multiple consoles, disparate policies, and incompatible logging and reporting, while demonstrating efficacy and impact of messaging security.
- Flexible, configurable, easy-to-use Messaging Gateway Virtual Edition runs on VMware hypervisor in the hardware environment of a customer’s choice.