Symantec NetBackup Appliance 5200 Series
Symantec NetBackup 5200 series is an extension of the market share leader NetBackup software in an easy to use appliance. NetBackup 5230 Appliances, the third generation backup appliance, delivers three core values; unites physical and virtual, tackles data growth, and eliminates complexity. These values are supported through NetBackup 5230 unique features and capabilities.
NetBackup Appliances Business Advantages (4:43)
Learn how NetBackup Appliances address the business needs of data protection for the SMB to the large enterprise.
NetBackup Appliances Technical Advantages (4:52)
Learn how NetBackup Appliances technical advantages provide end-to-end data protection through an integrated and performance optimized appliance.
- Ultimate virtual machine protection—Built-in support for VMware vSphere™ and Microsoft Hyper-V®, no proxy servers required.
- Expanded capacity—Protect hundreds of terabytes of backup data.
- Wide Area Network (WAN) optimization—Up to 10x faster replication and backups to cloud.
- NetBackup Accelerator—Delivers full backups at the cost and speed of incremental backups.
- Simple and fast snapshot replication—Accelerate snapshot replication management and granular file level recovery from any replicated snapshot image.
- Symantec Critical System Protection—Protects against zero-day attacks and malicious insider threats.
- Heterogeneous cloud gateway—Serves as a gateway unit for sending backups to supported cloud storage vendors.
- Industry leading NetBackup software - The NetBackup 5200 series appliances comes pre-installed with NetBackup 7.5 to provide a complete and integrated backup and deduplication solution for customers.
- Scalable Architecture - The NetBackup 5200 series appliances have a flexible and scalable architecture and can be deployed as an all-in-one backup server with intelligent end-to-end deduplication or in a configuration of multiple backup appliances (media servers) that can move 100s of TB of data per day. Flexible network connectivity options allow these appliances to be deployed to meet remote office, virtual server, or data center data protection needs. In addition, NetBackup appliances can be used in conjunction with NetBackup software deployments on other servers to minimize vendor hardware lock-in.
- Intelligent End-to-End Deduplication - The NetBackup 5200 series is the only single-vendor enterprise backup appliances that provides end-to-end deduplication, both source and target side deduplication. NetBackup 5200 series appliances can be combined with the NetBackup 5000 series appliances within a single deployment to accommodate up to 192TB of end-to-end global deduplication.
The NetBackup 5200 series enables you to easily build up and deploy your organization's backup and deduplication strategy for effective information management. Leverage this simple solution in your NetBackup environment to maximize IT staff time, operations and storage investment.
- Suitable for environments of any size—starting at 4TB and expandable up to 76TB of useable disk, it is ideal for remote offices, regional offices, and enterprise data centers.
- Multiple functional roles—can be deployed as master server, media server or both for a NetBackup environment.
- Comprehensive—Backup solution with built-in deduplication. Symantec provides the software, hardware, services and support.
- Intelligent end-to-end deduplication—reduces the size of backups by up to 50 times and network bandwidth utilization by up to 99 percent, so you can backup and replicate faster.
- Flexible deduplication options—Deduplication at source, media server, or target; inline or post-process.