Great Eastern Life Assurance Malaysia
Asia Pacific, Japan |
Founded in 1908, Great Eastern Life Malaysia is the oldest and largest insurance company in Malaysia, servicing 2.8 million policies. While consolidating data centers, the company sought to maximize backup efficiency and storage management, and turned to solutions from Symantec and Symantec partners Fujitsu and Sunway S&I Systems. Results include lower storage costs and reduction in nightly backup window through deduplication and consolidation.
Subscribe to the Series
Subscribe to Symantec Podcasts to automatically receive these podcasts as they are published.
Subscribe using iTunes
Subscribe using other software
OR copy/paste the URL below into your reader’s subscription field to add the feed.
- Industry: Insurance
- Founded: 1908
- Headquarters: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Number of employees: 1,000
- Established brand: Oldest insurance company in Asia
- Server platform: Oracle Solaris and Microsoft Windows Server
- Applications: Oracle
- Databases: Oracle, SQL
- Storage: Fujitsu Eternus 4000 and 6000, EMC DMX800