Norton Secured, Powered by VeriSign
It's been over a year since Symantec acquired VeriSign's Identity and Authentication Services. Symantec has invested in several SSL Certificate upgrades–and more are coming.
The Most Recognized Trust Mark on the Internet
The VeriSign Checkmark, part of the most recognized trust mark on the Internet, was combined with the leading name in personal technology protection, Norton. Consumer tests by Symantec show that the new seal retains the high level of recognition and trust that VeriSign seal posters value.
In tests*, consumers selected the seal with the VeriSign Checkmark and Symantec’s Norton brand over other possible trust marks and more often than our competitors’ trust seals for the following attributes:
- 77% of consumers recognize the Norton Secured Seal.
- 65% of consumers agree that a website displaying the Norton Secured Seal is safe to browse and won’t give them a virus.
- 55% of consumers agree that a website displaying the Norton Secured Seal means that the website protects their online privacy.
Fran Rosch Introduces the Norton Secured Seal
Checkmark Displays on the Internet Today
Why do so many consumers recognize a seal that is brand new to them? Because elements of the new seal have been visible today on websites they trust and in the logos of the brands they know mean security.
- Up to 650 million displays per day of the VeriSign seal.
- Up to 7 million displays per day as part of the Symantec and Norton logos.
- Over 40 million desktops worldwide using Norton Safe Web see the Norton Secured Seal next to trusted website links in search results.
No Installation Necessary
As a result of this automatic update, the Norton Secured Seal is now displayed over half a billion times per day on websites in 170 countries. To learn more about the transition and results of consumer tests, visit our online community dedicated to the rebrand: VeriSign Authentication Services and Symantec Unite.
Same Security. Improved Support. More Value.
As we add more value to our products, Symantec is dedicated to upholding VeriSign's high-security standards and proven authentication processes to verify businesses and websites. At the same time, we are improving our support from your same, trusted customer service and sales teams. Plus, we’re adding more value and features, including:
- Vulnerability assessment and daily website malware scanning
- Certificate Intelligence Center (for large enterprise certificate discovery)
- Express Renewal and AutoRenewal Service
What would you like to do?
Try a Symantec SSL Certificate
Get a risk-free trial
Get a risk-free trial
* (Consumer Research, January 2011)