Symantec Device Certificate Service
Symantec Device Certificate Services is a high-volume, high-performance batch issuance service that provides a fast, efficient, and cost-effective way to embed X.509 certificates into a hardware device during manufacturing. This certificate allows service providers to perform strong authentication to prevent unauthorized devices from obtaining access to services.
Securing the WiMAX World: Symantec WiMAX PKI Service
Build connectivity between WiMAX devices and service provider networks.
- Cloud-based infrastructure: Complete certificate lifecycle management (request, issuance, usage and validation of the device certificates) is delivered in the cloud on behalf of the device manufacturer.
- Reliable Security: Employs the same PKI technology that is used throughout Symantec’s military-grade public key infrastructure and Network Operations Centers. Supports 24x7x365 monitoring, management, and escalation across the globe with full disaster recovery. Annual WebTrust and SAS-70 compliance audits are conducted by an independent, accredited third-party.
- Carrier-class Scalability: Architected to support the highest volume and peak load requirements in the industry. Overall system architecture is designed to support the issuance and management of over 100 million certificates per year.
- Cost-Effective: By leveraging Symantec Device Certificate Service and its extensive PKI infrastructure, device manufacturers save significantly versus implementing and managing their own PKI environment.
- Rapid Deployment: Device manufacturers can be receiving batches of PKI-based digital certificates within days of signing up for Symantec Device Certificate Service.
- A Trusted Solution: Symantec is the recognized leader in digital-certificate-based trust services and supports over 200 million devices worldwide. Solutions include:
Symantec VIP added some new functionality in past few months.
VIP Third-Party Integrations
Symantec VIP provides almost 30 enterprise third party application plug-ins integrating seamlessly with industry standard VPNs, enterprise access manager and single sign on products, remote desktop access products, and end-point authentication modules over...
Posted: 10-May-2013 7:38:59 PM