Symantec Mobile Management for Configuration Manager
Symantec Mobile Management for Configuration Manager (formerly Athena) is a scalable MDM solution that enterprises can rely on to enable, secure and manage iOS, Android and Windows Mobile devices. SMM enables enterprise-wide mobile email and application rollouts, safeguards mobile data and devices and provides comprehensive visibility and control of the mobile environment. Integrated with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), SMM provides the scalability and robustness for enterprises to mobilize with confidence.
Symantec Mobile Management for Configuration Manager 7.2 adds advanced security and mobile device management (MDM) capabilities for Android and Windows Phone 7 devices, and continues pre-existing support for Apple® iOS and Windows Mobile devices.
- Enterprise Activation with automated provisioning process helps end-users connect mobile devices to enterprise services. Custom end-user license agreements help enforce device usage policies. Device Tagging helps identify corporate and personally owned devices.
- Enterprise App & Content Library enables over-the-air deployment of mobile applications and content to enduser devices. Internal applications, documents, media files, or recommendations from public appstores, can be distributed to iOS and Android devices with group based targeting.
- Configuration Management enables automated configuration of email, VPN, Wi-Fi and other settings on the device, so that end-user doesn’t run into setup issues.
- Secure Email Client (Optional Component) provides enterprises with a dedicated email client on Android devices and can be used for syncing and storage of corporate email, contacts, calendar and tasks.
- Advanced Security Settings allow enterprises to secure the mobile devices and associated data. From passwords and remote wipe to application restrictions, all the policy settings are available from the management console.
- Selective Secure Wipe enables separation of corporate and personal data on a employee owned device. By wiping only the corporate data (email, contacts, calendar, documents etc) from the device, this feature enables enterprises to allow personal devices into the enterprise.
- Compliance Enforcement ensures that only the devices that meet enterprise requirements around encryption, OS status (jailbreak, rooting) and policy updates can connect to the mail servers.
- Certificate Distribution by integration with Certificate Authorities extends seamless strong authentication to mobile devices. This in-turn enables secure email and certificate-based access to enterprise resources like VPN, Wi-Fi and web applications.
- Centralized Management capabilities of Mobile Management provide comprehensive visibility and control over devices, users, and applications in near real-time and enable efficient IT operations including help desk. Mobile Management leverages the native reporting capabilities of Microsoft™ Configuration Manager, SQL reporting services, and includes predefined and customizable reports.
- Mail Server Agnostic nature of the product allows management of mobile devices in diverse mail environments. Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Lotus Notes and Gmail are some of the mail servers supported.
- Massive Scalability is achieved by leveraging the native capabilities of Configuration Manager. Each Mobile Management instance can support 20,000+ devices and provides future proofing against projected mobile adoption rates.
- Unified Endpoint Management allows integration with Microsoft Systems Center. It provides a single console to manage all the computing devices in the enterprise: smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktops from a mature and scalable solution.
- Heterogeneous Device Support: Comprehensive visibility and control over iPhones, iPads, Androids and other popular devices with a scalable mobile device management software solution.
- Enablement: User-friendly enterprise activation process for enrollment, deployment and configuration of mobile devices, applications and content.
- Security: Policy controls from passwords and remote wipe to application restrictions and certificate distribution.
- Management: Mature platform with complete asset management functionality, role-based- access- control and unified endpoint management.
- Integration: Enables mobile device management from Configuration Manager and provides a single pane of glass for managing all enterprise and mobile endpoints.
- Embrace BYOD by allowing personal and corporate mobile devices in the enterprise.
- Improve productivity and competitive differentiation by mobilizing enterprise applications with a proven enterprise-grade architecture.
- Separate corporate and personal data on devices to comply with regulatory requirements for sensitive data, without adding liability for personal data.
- Optimize operational costs by standardizing on a single platform (Configuration Manager) for managing ALL endpoints and mobile devices in the enterprise.