Veritas Storage Foundation
Veritas Storage Foundation from Symantec maximizes your storage efficiency, availability and performance across operating systems, virtualization technologies, and storage hardware to build resilient private clouds. Storage Foundation enables a flexible and agile infrastructure, reducing storage costs with features such as deduplication, compression, thin provisioning, and storage tiering, providing a standard set of integrated tools from Veritas Operations Manager, a comprehensive management platform. With Storage Foundation, you can implement any changes to your storage infrastructure, including operating system or array migrations, without impacting application availability.
Primary Storage Compression with Storage Foundation 6.0
Data is growing exponentially, leading to runaway storage costs. Learn how Symantec’s Veritas Storage Foundation helps you control these costs by bringing compression to the file system.
Introducing Storage Foundation High Availability 6.0 (6:03)
Learn how Storage Foundation High Availability 6.0 brings resiliency and availability to your data center.
- Increased storage utilization across heterogeneous environments
- Deduplication and compression
- I/O path availability and performance
- Automated storage tiering
- Centralized storage management
- Easy OS and Storage Migration with minimum downtime
- Comprehensive insight into the storage environment enabling improved usage and efficiency across all major operating systems including Oracle Solaris, HP-UX, IBM AIX, SUSE Linux, Oracle Enterprise Linux (RHEL compatible mode), Microsoft Windows and storage hardware including EMC, HDS, IBM, Network Applicance, HP, Compellent, 3Par and more.
- Reduction of primary storage footprint with built-in deduplication and compression in primary storage. In lab tests replicating real-world use-cases, deduplication reduced storage footprint by 50-80% and compression reduced footprints by 70%.
- Get the maximum performance and failure protection for your storage. Dynamic Multi-Pathing efficiently spreads I/Os across multiple paths to deliver maximum performance, path failure protection and fast failover.
- Use the right storage for the right workload. SmartTier, a feature of Storage Foundation, seamlessly and transparently moves data based on business value.
- Simplify database management while achieving high availability and superior performance for DB2, Oracle, Sybase, and SQL databases with Storage Foundation.
- Migrate across operating systems without downtime. Portable Data Containers, a feature of Storage Foundation, helps easily and quickly convert data for use between Unix and Linux operating systems, enabling seamless data migration.