SINGAPORE – September 15, 2011 – Symantec Corp. (Nasdaq: SYMC) today welcomed approximately 150 channel executives to its 2011 Asia South Region Partner Engage Conference at the Langham Place Hotel in Hong Kong. The event featured keynotes from Symantec executives including Bernard Kwok, senior vice president, Asia Pacific and Japan; Eric Hoh, vice president, Asia South Region; David Dzienciol, vice president, Channels and SMB, Asia Pacific and Japan; Philip Yeap, vice president, Marketing, Asia Pacific and Japan; and Raymond Goh, director, Systems Engineering, Asia South.
Themed “Power Your Business,” the event offered partners the opportunity to hear about Symantec’s strategy and vision, learn more about industry trends that partners can leverage, as well as build relationships, network and exchange ideas with Symantec executives and industry peers.
Symantec executives also took the opportunity to celebrate the success of the enhanced Symantec Partner Programme and define how key industry trends such as virtualisation, cloud computing and mobility can translate into new opportunities for the channel.
Translating Trends into Business Opportunities
“The threat landscape is rapidly evolving with increasingly complex and highly-targeted attacks. In addition, organisations are grappling with growing data storage concerns. In light of these, key trends such as cloud computing, virtualisation and mobility are transforming the industry and delivering profound impacts across large enterprises and SMBs alike,” said Bernard Kwok, senior vice president, Asia Pacific and Japan, Symantec. “Addressing these concerns, Symantec’s technologies are becoming even more relevant to businesses and the partner community has a critical role to play in enabling customers to confidently capitalise on the opportunities offered by these trends.”
Eric Hoh, vice president, Asia South Region, Symantec, added, “To be successful in this new environment, businesses need to take an information-centric approach. Cloud computing, virtualisation and mobility are key trends driving the evolvement of how businesses address their security, storage and system management needs. At the same time, they also create great opportunities for our partners to increase revenue potential and relevance by assisting customers to meet these challenges without creating added complexity and risk. Through the enhanced Symantec Partner Programme, we enable our partners to develop the relevant skills and knowledge and help them expand their business in these key growth areas.”
Success of the Enhanced Symantec Partner Programme
In April 2011, Symantec went live with the enhancements to the Symantec Partner Programme. These enhancements put a greater emphasis on rewarding partner capabilities and competencies and are designed to provide partners with opportunities for predictable and profitable business growth. Partners achieve Specialisations by meeting pre-determined requirements that deepen their knowledge and proficiency in a solution family. To date, more than 350 partners in Asia Pacific and Japan have achieved one or more Solution Specialisation, which equates to nearly 2,000 Specialisations achieved across the region.
“Asia Pacific and Japan was Symantec’s first geography globally to transition our partners to the enhanced Symantec Partner Programme. This programme was designed to help equip our partners with specialised skills and knowledge to address customer needs and leverage the largest growth opportunities,” said David Dzienciol, vice president, Channels and SMB, Asia Pacific and Japan, Symantec. “Since the launch, feedback from our partners has been extremely positive with many partners meeting the enhanced programme requirements.”
Since announcing the enhanced partner programme last year, Symantec has offered nine Solution Specialisations, one Market Segment Specialisation, and eight Master Specialisations to partners in Asia Pacific and Japan.
Symantec Channel Vision and Strategy
“Symantec is a channel-focused company and the majority of our revenue is generated through our partner community. Our channel vision is to deepen relationships with our partners by helping them to identify new opportunities to accelerate growth and by offering market-leading solutions that help to secure and manage their customers’ information. Through Specialisations, partners can add superior value to their solutions and services and gain a competitive advantage in the marketplace.”
“Through the enhanced Partner Programme, we are realising this vision by helping our partners to differentiate their business by offering Symantec’s world-leading security and management solutions across storage, security, management, and data protection; maximise returns on investment by leveraging our expanded sales, technical and business enablement resources; and drive their profits by streamlining the partner sales cycle with new marketing tools and sales support resources,” Dzienciol added.
As partners achieve Specialisations and deepen their expertise in Symantec solutions, Symantec will continue to provide enablement tools and resources to support new business growth.
· “With increasing pressure to enhance efficiency and productivity, many companies are adopting technologies including virtualisation and cloud computing to do more with less. The enhanced Symantec Partner Programmme with Specialisations enables us to deepen our expertise and skill sets in key technology growth areas, empowering us to establish predictable and profitable growth for our business.”
--Francis Choo, Executive Managing Director, Ingram Micro Asia Ltd
· “Accel Frontline's partnership with Symantec has been very rewarding. Our efforts in getting specialised and certified on Symantec solutions have enabled us to be in an unique position as a specialised System Integrator. Symantec, being a solutions company, has great potentials to address various IT needs, which enables us to deliver optimised end-to-end solutions to our customers . We take pride in being a Platinum partner in India and the enhanced Symantec Partner Programme gels completely with our business goals.”
--Maqbool Hassan, Executive Vice President and Head Operations, ACCEL Frontline Limited (India)
· “FPT Information Corporation is a leading Symantec partner in Vietnam especially in the government, telecommunications, public sector, and financial industries. Through our partnership, we have been able to meet the growing demands of our customers in information protection by integrating market leading security and storage solutions into our portfolio. FPT Information Corporation has a global vision and as a Platinum Symantec Partner and the leading systems integrator in Vietnam, and we have benefitted from Symantec Specialisations and this partnership has enabled us to deliver world-class solutions and value added services to our customers.”
--Pham Trieu Linh, Managing Director, FPT Information for Telecom and Public Sector Services (Vietnam)
· “Symantec Specialisations and certifications differentiate Mesiniaga Berhad from other partners in the ecosystem and adds value to our business solution offerings. Symantec has a large range of solutions that matches closely to our skillsets and addresses the business requirements of our clients. Being a Symantec Platinum Partner helps Mesiniaga Berhad to deliver value and relevance to our customers. We’re pleased to be one of the first Symantec business partners in Malaysia that has transitioned to the enhanced Symantec Partner Programme.”
--Keng Hoe Wong, Director for Project Management and Solution Marketing, Mesiniaga Berhad (Malaysia)
· “As the marketplace becomes increasingly competitive, business differentiation is a critical factor for success. Symantec’s enhanced Partner Programme with Specialisations enables us to be recognised for our expertise in key technology areas, sets us apart from other industry players and, most importantly, provides our customers with added confidence on our expertise and knowledge to meet their business and IT objectives.”
--Aroon Tor-ekbundit, President, Metro Systems Corporation PCL (Thailand)
· “MFEC has continually adjusted its strategy to accommodate the changing economic situation and future trends by investing to build up human capital and technological improvement. Partnership with vendors had led to new innovations including products and services that meet the needs of the market. Symantec’s enhanced Partner Programme enables us to differentiate from other players in key technology areas and has given our team more confidence to meet customers’ business needs to compete and succeed in the Net Economy.”
--Siriwat Vongjarukorn, President, MFEC Public Company Ltd (Thailand)
· “Enterprises and SMBs alike are facing growing challenges in managing their IT infrastructure, be it defending themselves against an increasingly complex and sophisticated threat landscape or reining in their exponential storage demand and growth. As a Storage Management, Archiving & eDiscovery, Data Protection and High Availability specialised Partner (Platinum), the Symantec enhanced Partner Programme has equipped us with specialised skills and knowledge to better help our customers address their pain points. It has been a great partnership and we look forward to growing together with Symantec.”
--Vincent Loh, General Manager for Products & Services, NCS Pte Ltd (Singapore)
· “The enhanced Symantec Partner Programme has enabled us to build our competencies in key technology areas, giving us a competitive edge in the market. As a Platinum Symantec Partner, we have maintained a close relationship with Symantec to offer a comprehensive portfolio of security and storage solutions to our customers.”
--Sjafril Effendi, President Director, PT. Mitra Integrasi Informatika (Indonesia)
· “Symantec provides a wide range of security and storage solutions which we can offer to our clients. This year, Creative Technologies Inc. will be celebrating its 20th anniversary in the IT industry and the partnership with Symantec has helped our company’s growth throughout the years. Symantec’s end-to-end solutions have complimented our core IT infrastructure solutions and helped us to provide a complete information protection offering to our mutual clients. As a Gold Partner of Symantec, we have achieved Specialisations which enabled us to build skills and product knowledge, and be recognised for our expertise in delivering services and support to our clients.”
--Jacob Dy, Vice President for Sales and Marketing, Creative Technologies Inc. (Philippines)
· “Our relationship with Symantec is more than a decade old, and we have always appreciated the Symantec Partner Programme, which brings a lot of value and differentiation in our offerings to customers. With customers requiring reduced complexity in their environment, Symantec’s proven leadership and technical superiority along with the skill set of Wipro has greatly benefited our customers. With the current focus on Specialisation, our offerings are now more focused and differentiated like the recent programmes on Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and Back up as a Service which we are offering along with Symantec.”
--Vikas Srivastava, Vice President-ITS, Wipro Ltd. (India)
Symantec is a global leader in providing security, storage and systems management solutions to help consumers and organisations secure and manage their information-driven world. Our software and services protect against more risks at more points, more completely and efficiently, enabling confidence wherever information is used or stored. More information is available at www.symantec.com.