SINGAPORE - December 14, 2011 – Symantec Corp. (Nasdaq: SYMC) today announced the availability of a partner-only beta release of Backup Exec 2012 and Backup Exec 2012 Small Business Edition. Open exclusively to Symantec’s global community of channel partners, the beta release will provide partners early access to one of Symantec’s market leading backup and recovery solutions and give them the opportunity to shape the final product. The beta release is currently available in English.
"We're excited about the upcoming release of Backup Exec 2012 and we are working closely with our partner community in Asia Pacific and Japan to bring the product to market successfully," said David Dzienciol, Symantec’s vice president for Channels and SMB, Asia Pacific and Japan. "We’re providing early access of the beta release to our partners and encourage them to test it out and give us their valuable feedback. With Backup Exec 2012, we're confident that our partners will be able to address the backup and recovery challenges of customers throughout the region."
The mainstream use of virtualization, data explosion and a 24/7 business model have created a significant backup challenge for IT organizations. With the release of Backup Exec 2012 beta, Symantec will help eliminate backup complexity through a single solution that unifies virtual and physical infrastructure, deduplication, and replication technologies.
"Customers are looking for a simple and flexible way to backup their data across both physical and virtual environments," said Bjorn Engelhardt, Symantec’s vice president for Strategic Sales, Asia Pacific and Japan. "In our new Backup Exec 2012 solution we will provide a single, easy-to-use and manage solution for fast and efficient backup."
Backup Exec 2012 Partner Beta release will deliver the following benefits:
- Unite Virtual and Physical: Powered by Symantec V-Ray technology, Backup Exec 2012 beta enables visibility across both virtual and physical environments for fast and efficient backup and recovery while eliminating the need for specialized point products. Backup Exec 2012 beta will also provide true single file recovery, deduplication and backup management for VMware, Hyper-V or physical servers in a single product enabling significant storage and management savings.
- Eliminate Backup Complexity with a New Administration Console: A newly redesigned administration console will provide users with fast, concise management and monitoring capabilities. The new user interface will also automatically configure the most common and successful policies and settings, drawn both from Symantec’s many years of experience and from the Backup Exec community, to allow for quick configuration of systems and protection of data and applications with minimal effort.
- Integrated Disaster Recovery: With bare-metal disaster recovery and Backup Exec’s "no hardware DR" built in, organizations will be able to easily recover a failed system to a physical server, or to a Hyper-V or VMware guest. Backup Exec’s powerful recovery capabilities enable granular restore of entire virtual machines, single files, Active Directory objects, Exchange Emails, or SharePoint Documents from any single-pass physical, VMware or Hyper-V backup.
- Capacity Licensing: New capacity licensing model for Managed Service Providers (MSPs), mid-sized and lower enterprise organizations will provide easier purchasing and maintenance by capacity as an alternative to existing a la carte pricing.
- Small Business Edition: In three simple and quick steps, Backup Exec 2012 Small Business Edition beta will install and configure backups so small businesses with limited IT experience can protect their data with ease. The beta version of Backup Exec Small Business Edition will bundle Symantec’s data and system recovery technology into one affordable solution with a single license that’s designed specifically for a growing business.
Partner Beta Registration and Availability
Symantec encourages its global partner ecosystem consisting of more than 60,000 members to download and evaluate Backup Exec 2012 beta version to experience the product first-hand and see how they can help their customers unite physical and virtual. The beta program is now open for all Symantec channel partners and the new versions will be generally available to the public for purchase the first half of calendar 2012 through Symantec’s worldwide network of value-added authorized resellers, distributors and systems integrators or directly. For more information and to register for Symantec Backup Exec 2012 partner beta program, please click here.
Connect with Symantec
About Storage from Symantec
Symantec is a global leader in providing security, storage and systems management solutions to help consumers and organizations secure and manage their information-driven world. Our software and services protect against more risks at more points, more completely and efficiently, enabling confidence wherever information is used or stored. More information is available at www.symantec.com or by connecting with Symantec at: go.symantec.com/socialmedia.
NOTE TO EDITORS: If you would like additional information on Symantec Corporation and its products, please visit the Symantec News Room at http://www.symantec.com/news. All prices noted are in U.S. dollars and are valid only in the United States.
Symantec and the Symantec Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Symantec Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Forward-looking Statements: Any forward-looking indication of plans for products is preliminary and all future release dates are tentative and are subject to change. Any future release of the product or planned modifications to product capability, functionality, or feature are subject to ongoing evaluation by Symantec, and may or may not be implemented and should not be considered firm commitments by Symantec and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.
Symantec, Backup, recovery, virtualization, backup appliance, Backup and recovery, cloud storage, information management, data protection, data retention, Backup Exec, NetBackup, deduplication