Symantec Endpoint Encryption Removable Storage Edition
Laptop & notebook security software
Symantec Endpoint Encryption Removable Storage Edition provides policy-controlled encryption of data on removable media and provides organizations with a safe harbor from data breach notification if removable media is lost or stolen. This industry-leading laptop security software allows users to encrypt data according to policy on most any form of removable storage ensuring that users can safely transport and use sensitive data on portable media.
- Expanded device controller support: USB 3.0 and eSATA-based removable storage device support provides greater control of removable device encryptions.
- Integration with Symantec Endpoint DLP: Policy integration with Symantec Endpoint DLP for content-based encryption of removable storage (powered by FlexResponse)* increases the efficiency of data loss prevention by having content-aware DLP policies automatically enforce encryption when sensitive files are copied to removable media.
- More Granular Control with Device Whitelisting: "Do not encrypt" device white lists allow administrators to exclude specific makes and models of removable storage devices from automatic encryption supporting hybrid environments that utilize both hardware-based self-encrypting removable storage devices and software-based encryption by avoid complexity and double-encryption. Lowers the overhead for administrators by whitelisting specific devices from automatic encryption enforcement (e.g. do not encrypt iPods)
- User-choice encryption of files: Allows the end-user to modify the automatic encryption policy and choose which files to or not encrypt which lowers the overhead for administrators when specific power users require the ability to modify encryption policies for valid business purposes.
- Improved end-user password management: The end-user can now set both a default password and session password. Administrators can also control how default passwords are used by end-users. This improves the end-user experience by providing end-users with better options for managing file encryption credentials.
- Share information with authorized users via group keys transparently
- Manage Active Directory GPO and native policy deployment
- Share encrypted media/devices with the Removable Storage Access Utility
- Notebook security software allows you to deliver files with self-extracting archives for one-way distribution (email, ftp, etc.)
- Safeguard intellectual property
- Share encrypted data easily and seamlessly
- Transparently manage security policies through Active Directory integration
- Allows recipients to decrypt files without having Symantec Endpoint Encryption client installed
- Decrypts and encrypts data without an installed client
- Laptop security software enables access to encrypted data on Windows and Mac computers