Norton 360 Version 6.0 Earns Highest Marks for Protection and Performance
Bangkok, – Feb. 22, 2012
– Norton by Symantec (Nasdaq: SYMC) today announced two premium security suites: Norton 360 Everywhere, which protects multiple platforms in one solution, and an update to the award-winning Norton 360. Norton 360 Everywhere, available in the first half of 2012, will provide security across PCs, Macs, Android-based phones and tablets. Norton 360 version 6.0
is available now and has just earned top rankings for both protection and performance.
Many families today have some combination of PCs, Macs, smartphones and tablets – all of which need security of their own to protect against online threats, data loss, and device loss and theft. A recent study* found that some households have as many as 14 to 20 consumer digital devices. Norton 360 Everywhere will deliver a multiplatform solution where consumers can customize their security to meet their specific needs.
“With the introduction of Norton 360 Everywhere, we’ve expanded the powerful protection consumers know and trust to their digital devices,” said David Hall, Regional Consumer Marketing Manager, Asia Pacific, Symantec. “We are enabling consumers to protect their valuable data and personal information on many more devices.”
Norton 360 version 6.0
Norton 360 version 6.0 offers industry leading PC protection and top ranked performance. In recent third party tests, Norton 360 ranked first in overall real-world protection and remediation from AV-TEST Institute
** and received top performance scores from PassMark Software
Norton 360 version 6.0 highlights:
- Norton Identity Safe – Secures, remembers, and automatically enters user names and passwords while protecting users from online threats.
- Norton Management – Delivers advanced cloud-based functionality to manage select Norton products remotely for greater ease and control.
- Bandwidth Management – Limits non-critical Norton updates when connected to metered networks to avoid using up monthly data allotments or causing overage fees.
- Improved Backup – Faster and easier back up capabilities and tracking.
Pricing and Availability
Norton 360 version 6.0 can be installed on up to three PCs and is available for purchase in Thailand through various retailers and the Norton online store Thailand
. The suggested retail price is THB 2,390 for the standard edition including 2GB of online storage space. The price includes a three PC license, a one-year subscription, Symantec’s protection updates and one full year of Norton’s best-in-class customer support. All Norton 360 users with a valid product subscription are eligible to download and use the latest product versions and updates, released during their subscription period. For more information, visit the Norton Update center
Norton 360 Everywhere will be available in select markets in the first half of 2012. Details on pricing and systems requirements will be available at that time.
Symantec is a global leader in providing security, storage and systems management solutions to help consumers and organizations secure and manage their information-driven world. Our software and services protect against more risks at more points, more completely and efficiently, enabling confidence wherever information is used or stored. More information is available at www.symantec.com
* “Customers’ Need for Premium Technical Services: Consumer and Provider Perspectives,” Accenture, 2011
**Source: AV-TEST Institute January 2012 Real World Protection and Remediation Testing Report
***Source: PassMark Software, January 2012 Consumer Security Products Performance Benchmarks (Edition 3)