Winners Announced at the Symantec Specialised Partner Conference and Gala Awards Dinner
Reading, UK – Jan.28, 2011
– Symantec Corp. (NASDAQ: SYMC) has today honoured its newly formed Specialised Partner community with a specialised partner conference and gala awards dinner, recognising partners for their commitment to Symantec over the last year. More than 80 Symantec channel contacts attended to celebrate Symantec's recently announced Enhanced Partner Programme
, which enables partners to demonstrate and take to market their specialist expertise in the solution areas and growth markets they serve. The event focused on how partners can leverage Symantec specialisation to reinforce their trusted advisor status with customers and take advantage of the new higher level of support and engagement.
At the awards ceremony, Symantec named the winners of its 2011 Channel Excellence Awards. The awards recognise Symantec partners in the UK and Ireland that successfully combine Symantec solutions with their own services to solve customers’ most complex business challenges.
Channel Excellence Award Winners
The winners of the 2011 Channel Excellence Awards were chosen by a panel of judges from Symantec’s UK and Ireland channel team and were presented by Danny Dawes, Director, EMEA Managed Security Services, Symantec.
The winners of the UK 2011 Symantec Channel Excellence Awards are:
- ComputaCenter: UK Partner of the Year
- Sabeo: Irish Partner of the Year
- Hayley Mooney, Bytes: Recognition for Outstanding Contribution
- Wavex: Small Business Partner of the Year
- Codework: Value Added Distributor of the Year
- Softcat: Commercial Partner of the Year
- 2E2: Enterprise Partner of the Year
- Computer Security Technology: Security Specialist Partner of the Year
- Q-Associates: Storage and Backup Specialist Partner of the Year
- Caretower: New Business Growth Partner of the Year
- C2000: Broadline Distributor of the Year
- Phoenix Software: Public Sector Partner of the Year/
“Symantec is focused on helping our partners to best take advantage of their specialisation to gain a competitive edge and build closer relationships with their customers,” said Jason Ellis, vice president of EMEA channel sales, Symantec. “The 2011 Channel Excellence Awards enable us to show our appreciation of our UK and Ireland partners’ commitment to Symantec.”
About Symantec Specialisations
Symantec Specialisations are designed for partners with proven expertise in a particular technology or business area. Membership of a specialisation provides access to tools and benefits which may not otherwise be available to partners, to assist them in promoting their capabilities and growing their business.
More information is available at http://www.symantec.com/en/uk/partners/programs/specialisations/index.jsp
Symantec is a global leader in providing security, storage and systems management solutions to help consumers and organisations secure and manage their information-driven world. Our software and services protect against more risks at more points, more completely and efficiently, enabling confidence wherever information is used or stored. More information is available at www.symantec.com