READING – Sept. 12, 2011
– Norton by Symantec (Nasdaq: SYMC) today announced plans to deliver Norton One™, a personalized service that will protect consumers across multiple devices, give them the option to select a combination of solutions that work for them, and take away the hassle and worry of securing and maintaining today’s connected household. The service is expected to be available in the first half of 2012.
Today’s Internet-enabled household relies on multiple devices to communicate, work, shop and play. Norton market research has found that consumers in the U.S. have an average of 4.5 devices in their household between desktop computers, laptops, tablets, mobile phones and more. All these devices need protection against online threats, but protection today needs to provide more than just basic security and must cover the distinct needs of all the household’s connected devices.
Norton One will be the industry’s first membership-based offering spanning PC, Mac and mobile security solutions. It will provide a different security experience in the following ways:
- One membership is all that’s needed to protect each connected device in the household, all managed from a single user interface.
- Customers will be able to easily pick and choose the technologies and support options they need to properly stay protected on all the devices they own – PCs, Macs, and mobile.
- New devices can be seamlessly added to the membership and quickly protected against online threats
- Licenses can be moved between devices or removed if the device is no longer being used.
- A diversified range of technologies and support will be offered, including security and performance.
- Customers will benefit through personalized services and premium support.
“Norton continues to expand our business with our Norton Everywhere initiative, delivering solutions that are focused on the individual, wherever they go and regardless of the device they’re using,” said Janice Chaffin, group president, Consumer Business Unit, Symantec. “Norton One is a one-of-a-kind, new model that will address the security and service challenges that consumers face today.”
About Norton by Symantec
products protect consumers from cybercrime with technologies like antivirus
and phishing protection
-- while also being light on system resources. The company also provides services such as online backup
, PC tuneup
, and family online safety
. Like Norton on Facebook at www.facebook.com/norton
Symantec is a global leader in providing security; storage and systems management solutions to help consumers and organizations secure and manage their information-driven world. Our software and services protect against more risks at more points, more completely and efficiently, enabling confidence wherever information is used or stored. More information is available at www.symantec.co.uk
NOTE TO EDITORS: If you would like additional information on Symantec Corporation and its products, please visit the Symantec News Room at http://www.symantec.com/news
. All prices noted are in U.S. dollars and are valid only in the United States.
Symantec, the Symantec Logo, and Norton are trademarks or registered trademarks of Symantec Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Forward Looking Statements: Any forward-looking indication of plans for products is preliminary and all future release dates are tentative and are subject to change. Any future release of the product or planned modifications to product capability, functionality or feature are subject to ongoing evaluation by Symantec, and may or may not be implemented and should not be considered firm commitments by Symantec and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.