Reading, UK. – 15 February 2012
– Norton by Symantec (NASDAQ: SYMC) today announced several new security offerings. Norton OneTM is a premium service that allows consumers to buy and manage their security software via a cloud-based management console. It delivers protection across multiple devices– including PCs, Macs, Android-based phones and tablets. The Norton One membership, a security-industry first, will deliver a personalised experience with dedicated support advisors guiding consumers every step of the way.
The company also announced Norton 360 Everywhere, which will provide security across multiple platforms and devices, and launched Norton 360 version 6.0 for comprehensive protection for Windows PCs. The extended portfolio meets a variety of consumer needs for security, backup, mobile and services.
“Consumers today are accessing the internet in so many different ways, from laptops to tablets and phones, that personalised security has become a must-have. They need a security solution that takes care of them no matter what,” said Janice Chaffin, group president, Consumer Business Unit, Symantec. “Our combination of industry-leading detection, support for multiple devices and best-in-class customer experience makes Norton One the premier security solution for today’s household.”
“Consumers can easily become overwhelmed trying to handle security over the multitude of devices they own. By providing a security membership, consumers’ fear and trepidation can be reduced,” says Charles Kolodgy, research vice president, Security Products, IDC. “Norton One, through its unique model, is creating relationships with consumers. By being a partner, Norton is offering a new model for consumer security. In today's high threat environment, making security simpler is a good thing."
Norton One is currently in pilot in select markets. Benefits will include virus protection assurance, cloud-based management, custom communications and special offers:
- Extended and whole home protection: With a single account ID and activation key for safe management and Web access, Norton One offers comprehensive coverage across PCs, Macs, and Android phones and tablets, even across multiple households.
- Premium Support: Customers get preferential treatment with access to dedicated Norton One Advisors in two minutes or less, 24 hours a day and 365 days a year.
- Scalable options: Norton One allows consumers to add and remove devices, change software, transfer coverage from one device to the next, and renew all devices at the same time. An initial Norton One purchase covers five interchangeable devices and offers pro-rated pricing to add more devices.
- World-class security software: Norton One initially offers these solutions with more options in the future when and if they become available:
- Norton 360 version 6.0
- Norton Internet Security 2012
- Norton Internet Security for Mac
- Norton Mobile Security
- 25 GB online storage
- Virus Protection Assurance: Exclusive Norton One Support Advisors will remove any malware on customers’ devices at no additional charge, as long as their Norton One account is active.
- Cloud-based management and backup: Norton One uses cloud-based technologies to interact, update and manage protection across multiple devices. Customers can use the online management console to customize features and manage their online backup.
Norton 360 Everywhere
The powerful, comprehensive protection of Norton extends across multiple devices with the company’s newest security suite. For consumers who have multiple devices and want to manage their own experience, Norton 360 Everywhere allows the user to protect their PCs, Macs, Android-based phones and tablets, right out of the box.
Norton 360 version 6.0 offers industry leading PC protection and top rated performance. In recent third party tests, Norton 360 ranked first in overall real-world protection and remediation from AV-TEST Institute 1
and received top performance scores from PassMark Software 2
Pricing and Availability
Information on the Norton One pilot program, which is available to invited Norton customers in the U.S., U.K. and Australia, can be accessed at www.norton.com/NortonOne
. Norton One will be available for purchase online in the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand in spring 2012. One year of Norton One will be available to purchase online for GBP £99.99 to cover up to five devices with the option to add more when needed, and includes premium services and automatic protection updates. All Norton One customers with an active account are eligible to download the latest product versions and updates during their paid period.
Norton 360 Everywhere will be available in select markets in spring 2012. Details on pricing and systems requirements will be available at that time.
Norton 360 version 6.0 can be installed on up to three PCs and is available for purchase in the U.S. through various retailers and the Norton online store
. The suggested retail price is GBP £59.99 for the standard edition including 2GB of online storage space and GBP £69.99 for the premium edition including 25GB of online storage space. The price for both editions includes a three PC license, a one-year subscription, Symantec’s protection updates and one full year of Norton’s best-in-class customer support. All Norton 360 users with a valid product subscription are eligible to download and use the latest product versions and updates, released during their subscription period. For more information, visit the Norton Update center
protects the Stuff that matters to consumers, across all aspects of their digital lives. Norton provides a range of security solutions including technologies for PCs and mobile devices, live tech support services and online backup. Like Norton on Facebook
Symantec is a global leader in providing security; storage and systems management solutions to help consumers and organisations secure and manage their information-driven world. Our software and services protect against more risks at more points, more completely and efficiently, enabling confidence wherever information is used or stored. More information is available at www.symantec.com
Source: AV-TEST Institute
January 2012 Real World Protection and Remediation Testing Report
Source: PassMark Software
, January 2012 Consumer Security Products Performance Benchmarks (Edition 3)
NOTE TO EDITORS:
If you would like additional information on Symantec Corporation and its products, please visit the Symantec News Room at http://www.symantec.com/news
. All prices noted are in U.S. dollars and are valid only in the United States.
Symantec, the Symantec Logo, and Norton are trademarks or registered trademarks of Symantec Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Forward Looking Statements: Any forward-looking indication of plans for products is preliminary and all future release dates are tentative and are subject to change. Any future release of the product or planned modifications to product capability, functionality or feature are subject to ongoing evaluation by Symantec, and may or may not be implemented and should not be considered firm commitments by Symantec and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.