Discussions are welcomed and intended to encourage interaction. The purpose of our social media communities is to develop strong relationships and foster communication around issues relevant to technology professionals and users of our consumer products, to help them exchange ideas, tips, information and techniques related to our products and services. While opinions and commentary may vary, we kindly request that all members be respectful of each other and all opinions, even in disagreement. These group rules are presented so that you know what is expected of you and what you can expect from other participants. By posting comments, you agree to follow these group rules.
While Symantec does not generally edit or monitor content posted by non-Symantec employees, Symantec reserves the right to improve the experience on this social media sites by prohibiting certain conduct and, at its sole discretion, removing posts. To that end, the following will not be tolerated and may result in removal from the group or removal of posts:
- Harassing, threatening, and abusive language
- Individual or group attacks
- Derogatory, unprofessional, or disrespectful language
- Content that is harmful to minors, obscene, objectionable, or in violation of any U.S. law
- Infringement of the intellectual property, privacy, or other rights of third parties
- Uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting, or otherwise making available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials (including sweepstakes or multi-level marketing offers)
- Impersonating any person or entity
- Compile commercial, political, or charitable mailing lists or to facilitate the transmission of spam, junk mail, chain letters, or obscene or profane content;
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity any directory of users of the social media sites;
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer or property of another;
- Falsify or delete any copyright management information, such as author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
- Create a false identity solely for the purpose of misleading others; or
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
In addition, no spam, self-promotion, or direct sales pitches are allowed, this includes:
- Posts that require clicking on a link to access information
- Promotes a non-Symantec product, group, service, website, blog, download, or social networking community or event
- Self-promotional posts to advertise services
- Discussions centered around religion, politics, or non-profit groups that are not specific to Symantec sponsored activities
- Discussions that are posted more than once
Please remember that users are solely responsible for their comments and/or material. Such third party content is the sole responsibility of the person originating the material. Symantec does not control and is not responsible for third-party material. Symantec reserves the right to remove any post, comment, or discussion if necessary.
You acknowledge and agree that your conduct, and anything that you post or upload to any Symantec-owned social media site, are your sole responsibility. Symantec cannot and does not make any guarantee with respect to the accuracy, inoffensiveness, or suitability of any content that appears on any social media sites. Always use caution when choosing to voluntarily disclose any personally identifiable information about yourself.
Symantec Corporation does not assume any responsibility or liability whatsoever for any posting. You agree to waive any legal or equitable rights or remedies you may have against Symantec Corporation with respect to these rules, including, but not limited to, member posting, posting restrictions, deletions, or moves, and member restrictions, removals, or blocks.